• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Already Bobbed Deuce on GL

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have You Read this? http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=14020

2. NO FRIVOLOUS AUCTION POSTING: This means no posting auction links just for the sake of posting. If the item is easily found using a search engine on an auction site, don't post it. SS members are not interested in your every auction whim on a daily basis. If you feel an item is just so unique or exciting that you just have to share, fine, go ahead, but use your common sense. Posting links is OK. Posting a link to your eBay listing is OK. If it looks frivolous, and I know that is very subjective, then it will be deleted or edited by myself or a moderator. Think about why you are posting about item X. Would you still post it if you were bidding on it? If you have someone in mind for it, send them a PM. Don't clog up the forum with a bunch of fluff postings.

mangus580

Re: RE: Already Bobbed Deuce on GL

doghead said:
. If you feel an item is just so unique or exciting that you just have to share, fine, go ahead, but use your common sense.
DH.... I think he is covered here.....

Also... this truck is in the Ad rotation....

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Already Bobbed Deuce on GL

Mike I saw this same link posted just a few days ago by FT i think. It was promptly deleted by someone for some reason. Just figured it was going to upset someone else, not me though.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think there is a big difference between the paid pop up in the corner that comes up every now and then and a thread that is always here bringing attention to a specific truck. I for one would like to see this thread disappear, since I have a bid on this truck and plan on substantially raising it tomorrow afternoon. This truck has some hard to find tractor parts on it in addition to being bobbed (which a buddy of mine is looking for). I feel this goes against all the "auction" rules that have been here on SS in the past.

mangus580

hndrsonj said:
I feel this goes against all the "auction" rules that have been here on SS in the past.
According to the current rule standing (which I quoted part of above, and doghead quoted all of) this auction actually was ok to have listed.

Its gone now... but not by my doing, but by another mod's

CanadaDeuce

posting ......

So sorry everyone, I was unaware of this rule, guess I need to learn to read better
pls feel free to pull the post, yes its in a GL rotation on the main page but thought some might not have seen it.

So how does one post a link to anything of interest here without breaking the rules ?

again my appolagies. :wink:

CanadaDeuce

ucfjeeper

RE: posting ......

I didn't see a problem with it, but those who are bidding then again, the key is in the eye of the beer holder... I mean, if you were bidding on it... would you want to see it posted all over for everyone that didn't take the time to search for it to have it fall in their lap??? Although, I do agree, it is in the "odd and interesting" category. But then again, I am member to sites that don't have rules about posting links to auctions, add, or classifieds...etc

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I kind of don't agree with the "odd" being okay to post about. My wife thinks everything MV related is "odd" (that pretty much leaves any links open to post, huh?). Also seeing that this has been brought up multiple times and deleted multiple times, does anyone think that the current price being over 1K more than a complete rust free duece in nearby locations had nothing to do with all these posts and PM's?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, did you get it ? Hope you did, despite the posting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks