• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alrednecks deuce pickup and delivery

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all,
Alredneck wanted me to go ahead a post pics of his new deuce, and us getting it loaded to go from Norfolk, VA to the FL panhandle. He called me and said is computer is on the fritz, so I'll post the pictures of us getting it ready and loaded.

He had it towed to my house from the Norfolk DRMO on Thurs, the 29th. He drove all the way up here in the international flat bed on Fri, we loaded it up on Sat, and he hit the road again. Got it home some time Sun night.

I put some fresh batts in it when it got dropped off, but BZZZZT!!! hard ground, always tap those clamps! If I had shoved it on there there would have been a lot more than just a weld arc, more like a face full of battery. :shock:

Tracked the ground down to the newfangled electronic light switch. Pulled it out, and fired her up. it took some cranking, as the in tank pump didn't work. Got it running, but no brakes. (remember kids, ferro should not be allowed around deuces without brakes, innocent warehouses suffer the consequences.:wink: ) So I just moved it out of the street and into the driveway, CAREFULLY, and used the parking brake. When he arrived, we couldn't get the brakes to work, even after bleeding them several times, so he had to get it towed to the railroad yard. We needed it there to us the loading dock.

On a side note, we used the handy lift gate to load Recovery4X4's transfer case into the deuce.

It was great to help out a new steel soldier!

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Adam once again your help has come into invaluable service to one of your fellow Steel Soldiers. I see you looking good in Civies is ALLREDNECK a Soldier too? His ACU's are convincing if he is not.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe he is David! I got to meet Adam in person last week as he was in town for an interview. Only got to spend 45 minutes with him but now I can pick him out in a crowd. Adam, thanks for picking up my transfer case and sending it south. I need to contact Captain and make arrangements to pick up the boat anchor. I like the way he pulled that off. Wonder what the rental costs were for a truck like that?

mangus580

Recovry4x4 said:
I believe he is David! I got to meet Adam in person last week as he was in town for an interview. Only got to spend 45 minutes with him but now I can pick him out in a crowd. Adam, thanks for picking up my transfer case and sending it south. I need to contact Captain and make arrangements to pick up the boat anchor. I like the way he pulled that off. Wonder what the rental costs were for a truck like that?

You mean to say, you missed him at Aberdeen???

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adam was at Aberdeen? Guess I did miss him. Hey Mikey, see my transfer case in a can?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Kenny Adam and his Dad were there I guess being there sans truck it was a little confusing. Not to mention the Steel Soldiers were quite spread out. I missed Bruce and now It may be a long time before I see any of you again. Adam and his Dad are great Americans and an invaluable part of our Steel Soldier team.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Kenny, I was sitting next to you in the 'command' tent at Aberdeen eating that great BBQ... I made the keg of hard cider, remember now? :wink:

David, you, a soldier with 30+ years in the Army, call me a great American, that's just about the best compliment anyone has ever said to me. :mrgreen:

Alredneck's last name is Captain, and he is in the Army. Don't remember his rank though. He wore it because he was worried about driving the deuce between my house and the railyard, even though they are like 5 miles apart. And Dad and I did have a M35 and M105 at Aberdeen, remember? we were up the same row as your set up. that Korean cold must be getting to your memory! :D

Yes, hopefully he will have the truck ready enough to be at your FL rally. Should just need a new MC or airpack. Probably the MC.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, Kenny, I think he said the truck was just under $500 for the entire weekend, unlimited miles. And no sweat (well, maybe a little) on the transfer case.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Foggy my brain is. There is alot I don't remember at Aberdeen but I do remember downhill Bill

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Somehow I see this thread going downhill.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Adam:
I know you and your Dad had your truck there I was reffering to Kenny being there without his truck. :lost:

You deserve great admiration for your service to our country and now to all of your friends here on the site. I will not forget your recalling how you saved your ship from certain ramming and yet did not rail against the others who got the credit. That is a sign of a great American hero.

Alredneck

Banned
Ok here we go
First of id like to thank ferro again for all his help i wasnt sure what i was goin to do if he didnt
(and no i didnt have to put a gun to his head)
Yes im in the army im a Sgt E-5 im a grunt ( 11b ) down here in Fl doin EOD school ( think multi-service bomb squad) Ive been in for a lil over 10 years. I wore my uniform 1. cause i left work picked up the rental ( $414.00 ) and started driving 2. so if i had a run in with the cops theyd ask less questions. My co-driver bailed last minute. My mapquest directions were doodoo. 48hrs straight in and around the Int. wasnt as much fun as i first thought ( plan for sleep stop would of help ) danmed co-driver where was he). After i left Va. i drove a bit then pulled over an got some sleep. 6hrs later finished driving the rest of the way with a lot of money on #2 ( ranged form 3.21-3.57) so my wife called naging but it kept me awake :D .
Got the duece off and parked her in her new home ( barracks parking lot )
Now the brakes work ( i guess that rubber piece inside swelled back up after soaking in new fluid for a day or to. Good pedal and strong air wooshing when applied. Probably rebuild the master cyl. just to be safe. Started installing locks and stuff ( taking pics and will post when done) Need tires 11r20 or 395s hhmmmmmm!( i know bout the rim widths ).

Alredneck

Banned
Oh yea theres more to come but my computer is still pissing me off ( i think its spyware)

Frieght Train and Recovery4x4 i sent you both pms so i hope yall got them.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Glad you got home safely and nice to see another Soldier Steel Soldier here too. I took my duece on base all the time once I got the tags and post registration for it. I always wear my ACU's when I pick up too it just opens a few more doors at the GL pick up site. I hope you have a blast at EOD school...lol Big recruiting effort on for that MOS now. You guys are amazing too I saw them at work in Bosnia, Iraq, and Afghanistan. May God watch over you in this great task.

I am sure the other Soldiers will be jelous of your deuce espcially when they have to drive MTV's

Alredneck

Banned
Thanks Armyman, yea i like the school alot along with my duece. she needs a lil work but nothing a lil tlc and alot of elbow grease wont fix.
I drove her to pt the other day and everyone was hootin and a hollern so most of the other soldiers here think shes pretty cool and ask questions bout gettin one of there own. Maybe recruit a few steelsoldiers while im down here.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Congratulations and a toast to Ferro for his assistance (yet again) :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks