• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

also went to see my deuce today!

WTFandoffrd

Went with a couple friends today to Frankfort to go see our deuces,Overall I was pleased not to much wrong with my deuce. The buzzer stayed on, but the gauge read that the tanks were full. So I unhooked the buzzer but can still here the compressor kick on and off, but the gauge reads full. Let all the air out of the tanks to see if the gauge was working which it was. Does these buzzers go bad? Besided that my batteries were dead had to jump it, other then that no problems. I checked on my dads truck fired right up but was leaking oil aroung the cannister closer to the fire wall around the base of it. I guess its a gaket. Now just sitting and waiting for my EUC to clear battle creek. I got to meat ss member number 9 out there. Need to get hooked up with up fellow members and go for a ride when we get them.

djimmy31

I might have seen you guys out there. I was out there picking one up today around 10am. Did you get the one that had the cover over the bed with a wood door on the back?

greenjeepster

I was out there around 10:00 I was the guy driving up and down in the little gray civic hybrid trying to figure out why most of the trucks did not have the lot number written on them. I was glad I had written the bumper numbers down.

One of mine has a wooden back door.

djimmy31

greenjeepster
I talked to you for a minute when you stopped and ask me about finding the trucks. I was there picking my truck up with my dad. I take it you found both of your trucks?

greenjeepster

greenjeepster
I talked to you for a minute when you stopped and ask me about finding the trucks. I was there picking my truck up with my dad. I take it you found both of your trucks?
Yes I found them, but I had to go by the bumper number, neither of mine had the lot number on them. The one was not hard to find because it was the only one that was drop side cargo bed without a canopy.

The other I had to pretty much roll by and glance at the bumper number on every canopied truck.

Both look good, no major issues other than i could not get the Arctic heater to fire, but I also don't know how to operate it so that may be the issue. I found the damper knobs and opened them, found a blower switch and turned that on, but from there could not find anything else to turn on to actually fire it.

One of my trucks only has one functioning light, the right front marker light. I either have a lot of blown bulbs or some wire tracing to do.

Somebody mentioned on one of these threads that one had "problem child " written on the door, I saw that truck out there... I would like to adopt it and set it straight:-D

JCKnife

I could be wrong but I thought the only heaters out there were regular coolant-based heaters, not fuel-burning.

greenjeepster

I could be wrong but I thought the only heaters out there were regular coolant-based heaters, not fuel-burning.
No there was a pretty good mix. They did not differentiate in the listings between fuel fired and water heaters, (one truck I bought was listed as having a "personel heater", The other was not listed as having heat at all but it does) you had to physically look at them to see what they were. I did not go through all the trucks, but the few I looked at all had one or the other. I am guessing that every truck out there had heat.

greenjeepster

Congrats on your truck! Waiting on the EUC, well, dont think about it...:roll: it'll go faster!
tick toc tick toc; I can't help but think about it. I even have the driveway cleaned out all ready:roll:

I should have run a small item through EUC years ago, but I am not sure that would help, NHdiesel is on his 4th EUC, but first on a truck and he is up over 40 days.