• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alt/GEN rebuilding question

idM1028

Hey guys, it looks like I'm gonna be rebuilding GEN2 just as soon as I can get a rebuild kit from CUCV Electric. To that end, I looked up the rebuilding instructions in the TM and did a quick tear down and reassembly of another alt with a stripped bolt hole and questionable internals. On some of the internal bolts (most notably the insulated bolts that secure the voltage regulator) I had to use my Craftsman bit driver since I couldn't fit a socket in there. However, the bits are magnetic. My question is, am I gonna to screw up any of the internal electronics if I use a magnetic bit?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The alternator creates a magnetic field so the driver shouldn't be an issue.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't rub the magnetic driver across your forehead.

You can loose your memory that way.

mudman

Nope not at all.. Go for it, Just report back to me , as I will be doing mine next weekend. I'm waiting for parts also from CUCV electric. Bought 3 new belts today. $45.00!!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just make sure you follow all the steps, take pictures and make sure you get all the fiber washers back where they belong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks