• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternate sounds coming through the air brake buzzer on my M1081.

DTinNC

A few times I have heard some tones etc in addition to the standard wailing of the low air pressure buzzer sound. I'm thinking that this is either by design or corrosion or something through the circuit. Sounds too good to be just a random error though.

I am not currently taking any hallucinogenic substances. 😆

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A few times I have heard some tones etc in addition to the standard wailing of the low air pressure buzzer sound. I'm thinking that this is either by design or corrosion or something through the circuit. Sounds too good to be just a random error though.

I am not currently taking any hallucinogenic substances. 😆
Any possibility of a loose ground on the buzzer?
Mine makes an incredibly irritating sound, but the tone is reliable .

Ronmar

The troop alarm is the same tone, it is just pulsed... I have heard sonalerts make weird tones when they are receiving reduced current/voltage. Got a wonky connection somewhere? Or the contacts on the air pressure sensors or it’s ground is going bad. I would start there, under the drivers dash(left of the brake pedal), the bracket that holds the two gauge pressure sensors which have the low pressure switch inside them must be well grounded thru that bracket mount... they are screws and screw terminals so maybe something has simply come loose...

DTinNC

The troop alarm is the same tone, it is just pulsed... I have heard sonalerts make weird tones when they are receiving reduced current/voltage. Got a wonky connection somewhere? Or the contacts on the air pressure sensors or it’s ground is going bad. I would start there, under the drivers dash(left of the brake pedal), the bracket that holds the two gauge pressure sensors which have the low pressure switch inside them must be well grounded thru that bracket mount... they are screws and screw terminals so maybe something has simply come loose...
Ah! The troop alarm wire was cut off when I got the vehicle. Perhaps the ends are shorting or something. I'll check and reply back when I'm able to peek. Thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks