• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

alternates for rope tie downs???

12vman

anybody ever use something different than the ropes to tie down your cover??

I mean the ropes work but I would love to find something that really straps the cover down and is easier to take on and off

Any ideas?

I seem to not be able to find really short bunjees cord round here

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try the black "rubber" cord that is on the truck cargo covers. Thought about the same thing myself.

12vman

what is super rope????

and where to get

i searched the GMA site but cant find where to view the cord

Last edited:

Darwin T

the streachy smooth rubber (rope) used on the newer bed covers. it is really nice. the sun does break it down so keep armor all on it. it looks like o ring material and that may be where the idea came from.

12vman

Thks guys.....just searched the duece forum and now i know what super rope is

Found a couple pics of how the military ties down their cargo tops using the four hole system........how does the military use the super rope on the grommet system on the cargo trailer tops????

Stalwart

I use the rubber rope but I bought a 100' spool that was MUCH cheaper than $.92/ft. I use it to lash my end panels to the bows and to hold down both the end panels and the sides of the cover. I still use regular rope for the 4 corners but only because of the immense weight of the cover. Securing the cover takes only 2-3 mintutes but that is for tying the corners, the sides are secured as fast as you can walk by.

Attachments

12vman

update......found some adjustable black rubber bunjees that can be cut to size at Lowes so I will try those since it was cheaper and i was able to attach them directly to the cover so they wont fall off when I take the cover off

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep an eye on the rubber bungees. I have found them to have a very short life expectancy once the sun hits them, and they turn to a black dust that is very hard to get off of you and your vehicle.
The super rope eventually dies in the sun too, but it takes a year or two and just cracks and breaks without the nasty residue.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks