• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternative radio mount solutions for m35a2

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im wondering if anyone has mounted the radio in an alternative location other than under the seat on the passenger side of the m35a2. I have two spring seats in my m109a3 and I would like to mount a rt524 between the seats if possible. I'm considering building a mount but wonder if the 939 series mount would work with some modifications?

Dunkeye11

So I have seen some verticlly mounted radio solutions you could try that and test how well the 524 works like that but might get dirt in its little fan

a PRC77 does have a vertical mount I have seen but it’s non powered

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I have seen some verticlly mounted radio solutions you could try that and test how well the 524 works like that but might get dirt in its little fan

a PRC77 does have a vertical mount I have seen but it’s non powered
I was planning on doing a 2 tier radio mount. First one for the Vic 1 and 2nd one for the rt-524. Thought it would be nice to keep it off the ground. I guess if dirt gets in then I'll have to clean it more often. Just trying to look at some alternative methods because I'm running the spring seat on the passenger side.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea I was just changing over to a VRC12 series radio in mine selling the sincgars and I think the 524 might overheat on the floor of the deuce I’m gonna put my 77 there instead
I was thinking about buying one of the hmmwv rt524 mounts and then adding some support brackets and see if I could get it to work.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That could work well they are all aluminum I think
You would have to shrink it because most are wide enough to fit an Rt524 and the r442
If that's true then I could cut it down to fit the rt524. I'll get some measurements and find out how much space before buying anything.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve mounted my RT 524 in the bed of War Wagon. Unless you’re building a gun truck, it might not work. That being said, I’ve seen radios mounted in the bed of the M35 underneath one side or the others troop seats. Having a soft top in the back would definitely be a good idea. Minimizes chances of wiring/radio shorts.

Attachments

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve mounted my RT 524 in the bed of War Wagon. Unless you’re building a gun truck, it might not work. That being said, I’ve seen radios mounted in the bed of the M35 underneath one side or the others troop seats. Having a soft top in the back would definitely be a good idea. Minimizes chances of wiring/radio shorts.
Very slick design. When I build a guntruck in the future I will def mount it in the bed of the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks