• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternatives to Tarp Zippers on M1101

FFJR

Hello all, looking for past experience as to viable alternatives / repairs that I can do to my M1101 trailers tarp as the rear zipper as ripped out again. 1997, had it stitched in once already due to rot on the threads from age, but it just ripped out again. Wants to jam which isn't helping either. I tried using a spray graphite to lube the zipper, and that has helped some, but they just get full of dust and crud it seems.

Wondering if anyone has found and converted one over to self installed snaps? might that work as well to put a snap on the side rails and use in-between the existing grommet holes and plastic clips to tighten up the seal a bit more from driving wind and snow?

Other ideas? - I'm calling a tarp/tent/awning place to get a quote for a new zipper, but figured someone has run across this issue long before I had.

Thanks.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chap stick like mentioned.
Bar soap works too

There is also a product specially to lube zippers.
Any good sewing shop will have it.
Hobby Lobby should have it also.

Woukd rather have zippers than snaps on a tarp anyday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks