• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator bracket and battery cable questions

a68cudas

Well i have been working on putting another 6.2 diesel in my m1009 blazer and its been a lil while since ive had the alternators off and batteries out. I was wondering if someone here could help me out. I forgot how my alternators are supposed to be hooked up to the brackets and how the brackets are mounted to block also how my battery cables are to be properly hooked to batteries. Can someone please take a couple close up pictures of how the alternators are mounted to brackets and how brackets are mounted to block and also a picture of how the cables are mounted to batteries. Once i get these alternators back on and batteries hooked up were getting ready to try and get it started. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

richingalveston

go to the tm's they have break down diagrams that you can look at that will help you much more than pics. These diagrams will show you where every nut and bolt will go something a picture cannot do.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure if you search you can find pictures posted already , have you tried searching "alternator mounting pictures" . It is also a good idea to take pictures before you tear things apart your not familiar with . You could also add pictures to this thread once the repair is done for future reference.

Edit ; a thread with that exact title highlighted in yellow has pictures . Google search works better than the one here.

Last edited:

a68cudas

go to the tm's they have break down diagrams that you can look at that will help you much more than pics. These diagrams will show you where every nut and bolt will go something a picture cannot do.
I was looking in the wrong Tm for the blowup pics of what i needed. I found what i was looking for in the "organizational maintenance repair parts and special tools list". A friend started tearing it down before i got to the shop. That was one of the first things i asked my friend "Did you take pics on your phone of how they were set up before tearing down" I tend to take pics of what im about to tear down a lot when i work on anything anymore seems the older i get the more forgetfull i become! well i will be back at his shop this afternoon with the correct TM and illustrations. Hopefully we can get injector lines bled and it fired up today. I will deff take pics of it assembled and posted on here for future reference. There were a few parts that we had to take off of my original m1009 6.2 engine and put on the hummer replacement 6.2 engine i will try and list and take some pics of the parts that we had to swap out.

a68cudas

I'm sure if you search you can find pictures posted already , have you tried searching "alternator mounting pictures" . It is also a good idea to take pictures before you tear things apart your not familiar with . You could also add pictures to this thread once the repair is done for future reference.
I have tried using the search feature for the site numerous times and every time it gives me a list of threads/posts i dont need and none of what im looking for. To be honest the search feature sucks. I usually take pics of what im about to work on before hand but my friend started before me and no pics were taken. I will also be posting pics for future reference

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are having search issues for anything try this on google

"alternator mounting site:steelsoldiers.com"

Adding the "site:zxy.abc" to any search works wonders.

Google spends Millions(billions?) of dollars to develope their search engine. vBullitin doesn't spend near as much.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking in the wrong Tm for the blowup pics of what i needed. I found what i was looking for in the "organizational maintenance repair parts and special tools list". A friend started tearing it down before i got to the shop. That was one of the first things i asked my friend "Did you take pics on your phone of how they were set up before tearing down" I tend to take pics of what im about to tear down a lot when i work on anything anymore seems the older i get the more forgetfull i become! well i will be back at his shop this afternoon with the correct TM and illustrations. Hopefully we can get injector lines bled and it fired up today. I will deff take pics of it assembled and posted on here for future reference. There were a few parts that we had to take off of my original m1009 6.2 engine and put on the hummer replacement 6.2 engine i will try and list and take some pics of the parts that we had to swap out.
The thread listed in post #4 comes up on page 4 of a search on here using those same terms . On google and using site;steelsoldiers; then the same terms it came in the 3rd or 4th listing on the first page. You have to remember every time you start another thread instead of adding to a old thread your making search harder.
It is also a good idea to build some folders in your subscriptions section of threads you run across that has information on things you haven't worked on or maybe have worked but have good information in them . That way you have them for quick reference . Basicly build your own reference guide .

Here are afew threads with search information in them ;
Best site search tip ever
Search Tutorial?
trouble searching

Last edited: