• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator bracket bolts

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can someone tell me the size and pitch of the two lower alternator bolts?

Mine fell out and only the top adjuster bolt holds the alternator in now.

Truck pitched its belts and I parked it at a friends place. Unfortunately it is kind of a far drive away to go recover it so I would like to have the right bolts when I get there.

If someone could sell me two, that woud work too.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the 209 series TM, for a 60 amp alt

5306-00-143-3299 ( AN102320, 001433299, 5306001433299 ) Characteristics Data

MRCCriteriaCharacteristicTHSD THREAD SERIES DESIGNATORUNFAHYM NOMINAL THREAD DIAMETER0.438 INCHESCMLP THREAD QUANTITY PER INCH20AAJD THREAD CLASS3AAAJF THREAD DIRECTIONRIGHT-HANDAASA THREAD LENGTH0.813 INCHES MINIMUM AND 0.873 INCHES MAXIMUMAASB FASTENER LENGTH1.688 INCHES NOMINALMATT MATERIALSTEEL COMP 8740 OVERALLMDCL MATERIAL DOCUMENT AND CLASSIFICATIONAMS 6322 ASSN STD SINGLE MATERIAL RESPONSE OVERALLSFTT SURFACE TREATMENTCADMIUM OVERALLSTDC SURFACE TREATMENT DOCUMENT AND CLASSIFICATIONAMS 2400 ASSN STD SINGLE TREATMENT RESPONSE OVERALLCQFM HARDNESS RATING26.0 ROCKWELL C MINIMUM AND 32.0 ROCKWELL C MAXIMUM OVERALLCQBC MINIMUM TENSILE STRENGTH125000 POUNDS PER SQUARE INCHAASK HEAD STYLEC1 HEXAGONAASU HEAD HEIGHT0.250 INCHES NOMINALAATB WIDTH BETWEEN FLATS0.616 INCHES MINIMUM AND 0.627 INCHES MAXIMUMANEE GRIP LENGTH0.815 INCHES MINIMUM AND 0.875 INCHES MAXIMUMCSYM SURFACE FINISH63.0 MICROINCHES BEARING SURFACE OF HEAD 63.0 MICROINCHES GRIP 32.0 MICROINCHES THREADSCRZS DISTANCE FROM HEAD LARGEST BEARING SURFACE TO SHANK HOLE CENTER1.548 INCHES NOMINAL FIRST HOLEAAWB SHANK UNTHREADED HOLE DIAMETER0.094 INCHES MINIMUM AND 0.101 INCHES MAXIMUM FIRST HOLECBBL FEATURES PROVIDEDFINISHED HEADFEAT SPECIAL FEATURES2 HOLES AT 90 DEGREE ON AXIS OF THDSR-1 MANUFACTURERS CODE88044SR-1 DEFINITIVE GOVERNMENT SPEC/STD REFERENCEAN102320

Last edited:

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ouch. My head hurts from that. :D

SO I need a quantity of 2:

1 5/8" long 7/16" bolts with 20 threads per inch?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, thats what it says.

Of course, you need lock nuts and washers too.

I would bring along a pair of 3/8 dia bolts, just in case...

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its broken down just the road from wehring - maybe when I get it running I need to take a fiel trip over there!

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re-visiting this.

I'm just dumb I guess and like my truck too much to put some cobbled crap on it.

Can't seem to get just the right nuts, bolts, and washers for the two bottom alternator mounts.

Bought all kinds of sets at Tractor Supply and tried them. They all end up wonky and don't fit right.

I want the real deal and not something similar I make work from the hardware store. Who has a set of hardware and will sell it?

leroygreen

I think they are 7/16 fine thread on the bottom. Mine only had one bottom bolt. Be carefull when you tighten the back bolt. The Alt. and the block mount had some slop on mine with about a 1/16 gap on the back between the Alt. tab and the mount.

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
^^^ Thats what I mean. Can't get just the right set of hardware.

Its hard enough to reach the mounts in the first place. I keep getting pissed off because the hardware I keep "trying" doesn't fit right. I want it 100%. Nothing else will do. This is the kind of stuff that keeps me up ay night! :cookoo:

Again, I want the real deal - not some crap from Home Depot and Deuce Supply

Anyone have a set they will part with? I got cash!

panshark

how about you take the bracket off and take it to the hardware store? Three bolts out, you're done in the engine compartment.

Remember--Ace is the place.