• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator bracket? Serial number? Ugh

midnightshadow

Ok, so I don't want to reinvent the wheel here. Back story when I bought my m998 the waterpump was bad power stearing pump and altinator was holding on by a thread. I mean I have no idea how it simply never just fell out. I fixed everything rear bracket was their for altinator but manifold bolt is broke(does not leak). Ok well I think it's a really bad place for a bracket. So I opted for no bracket lol. Tossed bracket in trash gone not going down that road. But after some time and research, I was going to make a bracket to go down 2 engine block. Then I found their is a bracket for the 200 amp(I have 60amp)

So here's the question will that bracket work on the 60 amp. Do I need to worry about different rear bracket part numbers. Or is it 1 size fits all so to speak. Anyone got a better solution or 1 they want to sell bracket that is.
I'd rather not make my own but if I need to I will. I'm more willing to spend the money than spend hours messing with some home made job.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless you are going to remove the broken bolt at the manifold you will have to build a custom bracket.
The rear brackets are not the same for a 60A and a 200A.
You can download the documents (TMs) you need here.

The 60A bracket part number is 5340012930125
You can check with our supporting vendors for that part.

papakb

With the popularity of the 200 amp alternator conversions in the HMMWV there should be some of those 60 amp brackets floating around out there. Maybe somebody here on the forums will part with their old one. Keep your fingers crossed!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Under $20 shipped.

midnightshadow

Unless you are going to remove the broken bolt at the manifold you will have to build a custom bracket.
The rear brackets are not the same for a 60A and a 200A.
You can download the documents (TMs) you need here.

The 60A bracket part number is 5340012930125
You can check with our supporting vendors for that part.

So custom it is. I know people out thier have done this, I've read stuff other Google searches. Anyone know of any one specific on here or know of any pictures. I've been around diesel trucks long enough to know manifold bolts break all the time. Let alone making 1 a mounting point seams like a horrible design. If my manifold was leaking this would be a different story.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So custom it is. I know people out thier have done this, I've read stuff other Google searches. Anyone know of any one specific on here or know of any pictures. I've been around diesel trucks long enough to know manifold bolts break all the time. Let alone making 1 a mounting point seams like a horrible design. If my manifold was leaking this would be a different story.
Welcome to the HMMWV. engineering at its best. :ROFLMAO:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think most folks would work on the broken bolt, it might not be as hard as you think.
To be fair there are probably thousands of 60A alternators out there that never had an issue, you are just one of the lucky ones.