• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator/idle

stationjj

I noticed something slightly different in my idling. A few weeks ago I replaced the alternator regulator plug.

Now the engine will idle high for 30-60 seconds, and then it tones down a bit.
I don't think there is any engine problem at all. Everything seems normal.

I think the idle toning down is normal? Is this the alternator?

I have also noticed Gen lights aren't flickering, and the voltage gauge reading has improved.

Sorry if this may seem like a dumb question. I have no background as a mechanic.
I am trying to learn as I go along. It's been 5 months today and it's been fun.

Thank You,

stationjj

Skinny

Look at the fast idle plunger next to the IP. if it's extended causing the high idle, this is normal to happen for a bit if the engine is somewhat warm. Cold engine obviously goes longer. My idle speed change is pretty obvious when the plunger shuts off. If this isn't the cause, it may need further investigating.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks