• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator issue?

TedG

Your control box is cycling the glow plugs, should stop in a minute or two.

It does look normal. When moving mine yesterday I had it running a bit longer and that behavior of the plugs cycling stopped. It was about 45 degrees out when I did that and I had it run for about 5 minutes.

TedG

Very normal for the older control boxes. Cylce time is based on cross over water pipe temperature. The newer Smart Start units (that have a test plug on them) do not do this. The relay inside the control box that cycles the glow can stick and wreak havoc on the glow plugs. Therefore it is important to keep the batteries fresh (do not brown out the contactor) as to not over amp the contactor.

In the sticky above, there is some good advice on the control boxes and please stay away from the LAU control boxes. They are easily identified with a separate glow plug harness and extra hole drilled into the top of the driverside cowl. THESE ARE PROBLEMATIC!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks