• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator Issue

Pstyckiewicz

I have been looking at diffrent things on my M1152A1 and noticed that the voltage meter stays in the yellow. In addition I unhook the battery the truck shuts off. It has the 200amp alternator. Is there anything I should check? Or bad connection?. And is this something that I could rebuild?
Thanks,

springer1981

I have been looking at diffrent things on my M1152A1 and noticed that the voltage meter stays in the yellow. In addition I unhook the battery the truck shuts off. It has the 200amp alternator. Is there anything I should check? Or bad connection?. And is this something that I could rebuild?
Thanks,
I just replaced my regulator after troubleshooting the alternator. I posted about it as well as posted the Neihoff Alternator Troubleshooting PDF file. I highly recommend you test it based on the PDF, it will help you id the issue. https://steelsoldiers.com/threads/my-new-1992-m998-avenger.184818/post-2505017

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Thanks,
This is going to get crazy... What is the test to disconnect the battery when running?

Might be looking for a new start box if you keep that up.

Perpetual motion Humv ? CAMO

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never disconnect the battery/batteries while the engine is running. Fastest way I know to damage something (voltage spikes).

A multimeter will alow you to test the charging system without negative effects. The gauges are are always off to some degree.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks