• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator Issue

Pstyckiewicz

I have been looking at diffrent things on my M1152A1 and noticed that the voltage meter stays in the yellow. In addition I unhook the battery the truck shuts off. It has the 200amp alternator. Is there anything I should check? Or bad connection?. And is this something that I could rebuild?
Thanks,

springer1981

I have been looking at diffrent things on my M1152A1 and noticed that the voltage meter stays in the yellow. In addition I unhook the battery the truck shuts off. It has the 200amp alternator. Is there anything I should check? Or bad connection?. And is this something that I could rebuild?
Thanks,
I just replaced my regulator after troubleshooting the alternator. I posted about it as well as posted the Neihoff Alternator Troubleshooting PDF file. I highly recommend you test it based on the PDF, it will help you id the issue. https://steelsoldiers.com/threads/my-new-1992-m998-avenger.184818/post-2505017

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Thanks,
This is going to get crazy... What is the test to disconnect the battery when running?

Might be looking for a new start box if you keep that up.

Perpetual motion Humv ? CAMO

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never disconnect the battery/batteries while the engine is running. Fastest way I know to damage something (voltage spikes).

A multimeter will alow you to test the charging system without negative effects. The gauges are are always off to some degree.

Mark