• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

alternator issues

builderboy

Got the new 923 almost home and the alternator started acting up. I took the belts off and drove her on home ( about 40 miles ) Took the alternator apart this morning and it was the back bearing had basically seized up. I can't get it to come out of the "craddle" " spot" and the shaft gets stuck when I try and the brass parts on the end past the bearing.

I would say the bearing is toast for sure and in pieces as it feels very rough when I try and turn the shaft by hand.

My idea is to take a small drill bit and basically drill several holes to try and get it to fall apart or until I can pick the pieces out.

Does anyone thing this might work, Has anyone every seen something like this before???

And Does anyone have a part number for this bearing since it looks like i am going to have to destroy it completely to get it apart.

I have searched about twenty threads and couldn't find my answers.

thanks for your time

builderoby

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks