• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

alternator lights

jdcucv

On my 86 cucv the gen lights stay on. Number 2 is always on and number 1 comes on when any thing is one such as head lights, fan motor, turn signals any ideas thanks

HAWKMAN

Re: RE: alternator lights

dependable said:
First check belts. if they are not worn thin and are properly tensioned, you may need new alts
You can pull your alts and take them to autoparts or auto repair that has alt testing machine and get them checked to eliminate all doubt. If you find you need to replace an alt I have a couple available from M1009.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make SURE the testing place knows they are ISOLATED GROUND... If they ask you "whats that?" RUN AWAY FAST..... Most places dont know how to deal with the iso ground alts....

jbolty

FWIW

I just had to replace a diode set in one of my alternators (left one) and in the process of searching for information about them I found a mention of the exciter circuit somehow being wired off the heater circuit. Can't find the link now but I may have it at home.