• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator mount type?

Maroman

My alternator on my new to me deuce took a dump. Well it probably never did work. I don't want to fool with that piece of crap. Is this a J-180 mount? I am going to install a newer Delco of Leece in it. Thanks in advance.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no it's not. Although it's really close. You can eather cut the back tab for the bottom bolt off of the alternator or put the bracket in a milling machine and remove some metal from the back side where the bottom bolt comes through. You will also need to reuse the pulley from the leece alternator because the belts will not be in alighnment. But you'll have to bore the hole out in a lathe.

Maroman

Got under there for a looksie and sure nuff it is not a J180. Then I spied the sensing lead had come apart. Wow hoo fixed (for now). Took it to town to drop off a load of old roof shingles at the dump and stopped by a friends. We went for a ittle trip and ran outta fuel. I had two 5 gal cans I got from cheaperthandirt the day before. Filled up but could not bleed the truck. Lift pump OUT! oh well if it is not one thing its the other right? Just got through look at the $$$of these things. Damn. I see an inline rotary vane marine type 24 v in its future.