• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator or Generator Pulley

lost in the bush

Ok I've searched thru Google and the Tm with Keywords of Alternator Pulley and Generator Pulley no luck - powers to be please do not tell me to research first.

Now that I have explained to keep the dHounds off my backside.

My M109A4 has an issue with the plastic Pulley on my Alternator or do they have a Generator. i'm not even sure. The darn thing is broken and seating off killter.

Anyway. does anyone if the pulley is available by itself and if so a part number of original or aftermarket.

Gunfreak25

If the pulley is plastic (not familiar with the M35's just the older M series) it is likely an alternator and not the older style generator.

Is this the alternator you have?

Alternator For M-Series Vehicles, 24 Volt 60 Amp, AMA5104UT

If so I used the NSN (national stock number) of the alternator to look up a parts list of all the items associated with the alternator. This is what I got:

NSN: 3020-01-090-6695 (PULLEY,GROOVE) - ArmyProperty.com

A lot can be done with NSN's. By the way I have a black belt in google fu. :driver:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is "seating off killter"? Try Memphis Equipment, they had the serp pulley for the 900A2 series 5 ton alt in stock. You have an alternator.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In TM 9-2320-386-24P

NSN 3020014121126 part number 12448647 PULLEY,GROOVE

I looked at the Index, for "alternator". Went to that page, looked at the picture. Used the figure number and looked at the page with the number list for that figure.

Hope that explanation keeps the anti common sense hounds off my back.

Attachments

Last edited:

lost in the bush

In TM 9-2320-386-24P

NSN 3020014121126 part number 12448647 PULLEY,GROOVE

I looked at the Index, for "alternator". Went to that page, looked at the picture. Used the figure number and looked at the page with the number list for that figure.

Hope that explanation keeps the anti common sense hounds off my back.

Thank you.. Did not know were the index was by the TM #'s.. To help those of us who have less knowledge of the TM's. I wonder if a brief title next to eaxh would be helpful. such as
TM # ******* ( INdex) TM******** ( Preventive Mait) etc.

Thank you again.. I will attekpt to locate one.. I have not been able to drive something Green for 3 days. I go out and Sit in her Cab and only dream.

eagle4g63

Is the alternator/generator itself the same in the a3 and the a2? The reason I ask is just wondering if the shaft is the same on both......I know the a2 pulley is a grooved pulley but I can take it down to my alternator guy and see if he can find me a serpentine pulley that is identical basically to my extra a2 pulley. Just a thought.

lost in the bush

Well if Johnny could read it would help. Yep is an Alternator. Right on the side of the big ugly thing is a tab "ALTERNATOR". Now not sure if it is broken pulley or bent shaft. I will take it off and find out. Called local Alternator/Generator Rebuild ship. can fix not matter which. Now just need to build up the energy to do something I've not done for 20 years. ( Turn a wrench)

Southern Automotive Inc.

tractors0130

FYI, I replaced my bad alternator on my M925A2 with a 21SI alternator from Spidermarine, link below. I also purchased the 8 groove serpentine pulley from them, it was not listed on their website. I had give them a WAI pulley part # and they crossed it over to their number of 208-12003 (sku # 113377). Pictures are the 2 different WAI pulleys, part # 241752 for the 3.43" pulley and part # 241753 for the 2.76" pulley. Price total was $150 for alt. ($109.99), pulley ($20) and shipping ($20).
http://spidermarine.com/showitem.aspx?&id=104834&name=100%25%20NEW%20Delco %20%2024%20Volt%2070%20Amp%2021si%20Alternator

Attached Thumbnails

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usually the TM numbers are right on the data plate in the truck. There is an index inside each TM. Armed with that, you should be in good shape to find all kinds of information about the truck you already have.