• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator Problem

randygk

Our M923A1 may have found out I'm going to sell it. Recently after a normal engine start, the voltage is low and rises into the red with rpm rise, then ABS light comes on. I shut it down and restart. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 start cycles to have the voltage stabilize and everything work properly. Then it operates as it should for as long as I drive it.
About 4 years ago the starter became intermittent and I traced it to the Protective Control Box. The grounding lug/mounting bolt was loose. Tightening the bolt cured that problem. I suspect the PCB again as the alternator ties into the batteries through a relay in the box. I've read the posts about the PCB, although no one could tell what the circuit board in the PCB does. The batteries are in good shape.
Anyone experience this problem ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks