• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator repalcement

SpecialK

Greetings fellow CUCV enthusiasts. I have a M1031 that I'm doing an alternator swap on. I get aircraft alternators for free and decided to incorporate them on the 1031. I have the brackets modified and everything lined up nicely. My truck is 12 volts and I'm running two separate 12v systems. I'm wondering if anyone knows the specifics one the four wires connecting to the alternator? I know the main charging wire, but the other 3 I'm having trouble figuring out(alternators are a grey area for me).

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings fellow CUCV enthusiasts. I have a M1031 that I'm doing an alternator swap on. I get aircraft alternators for free and decided to incorporate them on the 1031. I have the brackets modified and everything lined up nicely. My truck is 12 volts and I'm running two separate 12v systems. I'm wondering if anyone knows the specifics one the four wires connecting to the alternator? I know the main charging wire, but the other 3 I'm having trouble figuring out(alternators are a grey area for me).
4 wires makes me think the alternators use a external voltage regulator , which means making wiring harnesses. Just because they are free doesn't always mean they are a good deal .

We really need more information on the alternators , like make and model numbers.

SpecialK

porkysplace the alternators im installing have an internal voltage regulator. They are Nippon Denso. I know the pin out of the new ones im just trying to figure out the existing wires in the truck.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter