• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator/Starter Brackets

Well the starter went out in my 1008 last weekend. My boss just surprised me today with a 12v starter(lifetime warranty), battery cables and stuff from O'Reilly's.

I'd been planning to do the 24 to 12v conversion anyway, but since the passenger side alternator is the one I'll have to keep, I'd like to get some brackets (upper and lower) for it, as well as the bracket on the back of the starter (it was missing). If anyone has some ya wanna get rid of you can email or pm me. I'm gonna check out Saturn and see if they have any, and hit one of the local pick n pulls this weekend. Would rather give any money for em to someone here at SS though.

Got it done, and wow.
By the way these starters don't suddenly die, they slowly start to degrade. mine got bad enough that it was having a hard time starting the truck this week, so I swapped in a rebuilt one and what a difference. its like a new truck!!!
Couldn't have said it better myself.

zinlu at bellsouth dot net

gasser

Steve, I have the passenger side alternator brakets and starter braket for you. I also have the front-drive shaft for you as well. I will PM you. I am out in Seattle until Saturday.

-graham