• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator took a drink of water

Bowtie70SS

Well some idiot (me) adjusted the output on my alternator and did not replace the plug. My rheostat was screwed up by the previous owner and I had to keep adjusting it. That being said I got it right and it was holding and I forgot to put it back in. I went to the Haspin rally and played in the river. I got some water in the alternator and the batteries started to go dead overnight. Today I took it off and took the regulator off the back. About 2-3 ounces of water came out. One of the pins with a wire attached to it has come off the ?? bus plate. My question is this: Can I drill a hole in it and use a counter sunk screw from the back side? I do have a brand new regulator that I bought because of the rheostat prob on the old one. Here is the pic. Oh and by the way it is the Hellas Greek alternator and other than my eff up it looks brand new.
alternator.jpg

Jeepsinker

You don't want to use high frequency welding methods on that. Just solder it, or replace it. It will probably give you trouble of one kind or another until you do.

Bowtie70SS

UPDATE: I bought a positive rectifier off of the bay for $15 and soldered it in. I have not reinstalled the alternator yet to see if it works. I came upon a extra alternator so I am running that one right now. It figures that I end up with the Greek one that you can get virtually no parts for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks