• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

alternator tools

xenocath

searching.............
I did some research and came up with an alternator bearing & pulley remover/installer kit from otc for the cs style alternator however its been discontinued and seems to be unavailable does anyone know where i might obtain the correct tools for disassembling and rebuilding the alts? the tool i found was OTC-7890. since these alts go out so frequently i figured investing in the proper tools might be a good idea.

if nobody can help with finding the correct tools, what is everone using to perform this task with?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An arbor press is nice, but not needed. Be very careful to "back up" the case when pressing bearings out. I do not recommend hammering them out or in.

That's pretty much all you need besides basic hand tools.

Here's one vid on YT, it's close to the same(but not the same) alt. It will give you the basics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSSSYxwbNws

Last edited: