• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

alternator

ozzy308

Hi every one let see if you can help me I’m having a **** of a time with an alternator for my 1969 Kaiser Jeep, I won it at GL back in April and cleared ECU in August . Since then I been trying to get an alternator. The one that came with the truck had no pulley and broken rear lug. Finally got one but in shipping it was dropped and broke the pulley got another pulley went to install and found that the rear lug hole is much bigger than the hole in the engine bracket of the motor. Is there an insert that is supposed to go in the hole of the rear lug? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Ozzy

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the front hole, or your old alternator. There should be steel inserts in the aluminum casting. You may have one missing in that back hole.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am nearly certain, they all have a steel insert in the aluminum.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I think the steel insert is actually placed in the mold when the housing is cast. I have seen them come out, but I don't know if you can successfully remove one without busting the aluminum.

You might get it out of your broken alt, but you'll need to be super careful putting it in the "new" alt. I would not use a hammer. Maybe just your fingers or a pair of pliers, to press it in(gently). Maybe you could sand the hole a bit, until it goes in easy, then set it in place with some "JB weld", or your favorite brand of epoxy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks