• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alts struggling in the cold?

4bogginchevys

I can understand if the glow plug cycles and cranking cycles in excess during cold weather cause a drain on the batterys more than normal. All the alts know how to do is work. The heater would not generally be on high when weather is warm aswell, just more strain on the charging system than normal...good thing we have DUAL 100 AMP alts!:-D

acesneights1

You sound like an alt expert...I have never heard of cold weather causing alt problems...have you? The only problems i have seen are belt and allignment problems... i thought if an alt was bad, it was bad...never saw one come and go...Whats your feelings?
Well....I would say sort of. Think of it this way Cold start is putting alot of drain on the batts, plus glows, plus the rubber on the belt is ice cold so ...yeah I could see a problem more "apparent" in cold weather.