• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aluminum Brazing Rods on Facebook

ewylam

Has anyone used the aluminum brazing rods that are all over facebook. I'm wondering if I could use the effectively to fill the holes left by the armor?

twisted60

I bought the Facebook rods for a project. I did not have good luck with them so I bought Blue Devil (I think it was) on amazon and had great success. Personally I’ll buy the ones off amazon again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HN6

I weld a good amount of aluminum and this subject got my attention. I did a quick search and found some good answers. Definitely would not work for what I do 90% of the time. For filling holes I think it could work really well. It really is best for lap joints on thin material. looks like it only needs 600-800 degrees to flow. Should be great for filling holes. I might buy tube of it to entertain myself with.

AAVP7

I´ve brazed alu parts on other projects with rods like these. They might work for closing holes, but`m pretty sure that you wil need to bring the sheet metal to a horizontal position. Otherwise, the liquid solder will simply run away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks