• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aluminum Troop Seats- What are they worth?

MRFD715

Our Fire Department just got an M35A3. It has aluminum troop seats and bows and we have no use for them. I have looked everywhere I know of to find out what they may be worth but I can't find anything. Anybody know what they go for? We're hoping to sell the extra things off of it to help fund the equipment we need to purchase to convert it to a brush truck. Thanks for any info!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aluminum troop seats? That would be a first for me. I bet they are fiberglass. If they are, they are worth as much as you can...which should be around $75 per side or so and $75 for the headboard...more if someone HAS to have them. I know some have paid more, but that is the same price I have been paying the last five or six sets I bought.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should have added that the bows are worth about $20 each if they are complete (stave/upright, elbow, and top bow). Again, some have been paying more, but I could buy some for this price right now. Start higher and come down if someone asks. My $.02...

guns1977

Yeah thats about right I paid 250 for both sides and back, I need another set but shipping would be the killer...

MRFD715

Thanks for the info guys. I could have swore that they were all aluminum, but I'm going to go get a better look at them tomorrow and maybe scratch a little paint off so I can tell for sure.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If they are mounted on the truck they're either wood or fiberglass slats with steel frames.

If they are laying unmounted in the bed of the truck, MAYBE someone put sideracks for an LMTV in your truck. Those are worth...about scrap value since so few folks have LMTVs and those that do probably already have the sideracks.

MRFD715

Well after a closer inspection today they are most definitely the fiberglass seats. I'm going to have to remember to look closer at things before I ask a question. Thanks for all of your help guys, between the seats, bows, and vinyl cargo cover we should be able to cover the cost of a lot of the essentials to get it in service as a fire truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks