• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AM General gets large contract

Bucho

All those worried about Gov Plant running out of HMMWV, there's a few more. Surely some of them won't make it over there and then we can pick them up.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know what a M1152A1 is, but what is the B2? I have seen R2, but never B2

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if we are paying for the Iraqi one's too :roll:

Last edited:

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
We are already preparing our bid proposals on the future Afghan/Iraqi surplus contracts. We are thinking we can get 80k a truck easy.... :jumpin:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
a local contractor that builds armored security vehicles partnered up with another firm to put V-shaped modules/cabins and retro fit HMMWV. At least 2 foreign militaries have bought in.

http://www.textronsystems.com/what-we-do/marine-land-systems/sctv

I volunteered to help them with the scrap coming off the retro fits........No word yet on my contract approval :tin hat:

Attachments

Last edited:

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does this make our USA ones worthless? I am having trouble with the English version. If I have to try and read 4000 pages of a TM in Arabic, I am screwed.
I said that because Jwade said (jokingly I presume) that he wanted to try to get some $80K HMMWVs to sell. Then I joked back with that line. Didn't say US ones were worthless, i'm just saying the Arabic HMMWVs sold for $50K more than the average GP HMMWV:whistle:

Bucho

I said that because Jwade said (jokingly I presume) that he wanted to try to get some $80K HMMWVs to sell. Then I joked back with that line. Didn't say US ones were worthless, i'm just saying the Arabic HMMWVs sold for $50K more than the average GP HMMWV:whistle:
I got it, I wasn't being serious.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
An H1 was selling for close to 150k, so 180-250k per truck with all the bells and whistles is not that much.
its all relative, this alot of times includes support, parts and logistics. You would have to see the Actual contract.
does anyone really want to go to war in a truck that costs 10k? I doubt the Govt has any piece of rolling stock that costs below 10k. These weren't made for public consumption, so not sure why everyone thinks these are to expensive.
The FRAG kits are all AR500 armor...this ain't pot steel, that armor is expensive. A set of REV frame rails is 6k, a Turbo GEP long block is 10k...it adds up quick.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks