• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AM General parts website

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I placed an order on July 14th and had not heard or gotten my parts (bearings, seals etc). I called them July 31 to check on status and I was told that my order was marked "Block". They said they did not know why and would contact me after they figure what happened. Maybe they are rethinking selling to the public. I will post their answer once they call me back.
I've also received most of mine. Perhaps yours they are missing something and waiting for it to be made or sourced?
Bulldogger

Ajax MD

I've also ordered a steering wheel, horn button and retaining clip. They charged me and promptly sent me an invoice.
We'll see what the actual turnaround time is. Of course, we'll probably need to factor in some minor shipping delay due to covid logistics issues with the shipper.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also made a small "test" order, the shipping was higher than the part.
SO I also asked about a battery cover giving them the NSN number and got the following response.
"Good morning sir, unfortunately this is not a part number that I recognize as one of ours and therefore I am unable to assist you at this time. If you are able to come up with an AMG part # I will be happy to see if this is a part # that we offer. Please know that if you do not see it on our website at this time, it is not being offered at this time."
So I responded back with the manufacturers part number, but if the statement about "if you don't see it, it is not for sale" seems to rule this out.

EDIT, I sent them the part number for the battery cover and got this response,,,,

"Unfortunately at this time, we are not offering this part to the civilian market."

So they are evidently only willing to dump their overstock to the public as I cannot see any possible way how a plastic battery cover would be restricted...

Last edited:

Ajax MD

Just to add to the pool of datapoints- I ordered parts from AMG on Saturday, 8/1. My package was shipped UPS and will arrive tomorrow, 8/6.
No one questioned me or sent me any personal email, just automated invoices.

Reactions: 98G

sf1954

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was contacted by customer service yesterday and informed that my order would ship in a couple of days. It appears that my ordered was a glitch to the new internet ordering system and they cannot explain why. Hopefully my order was the only glitch.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had similar experiences. In fact one of my shipments set straight to Tactical Truck arrived Monday, a day before I even got the automated tracking info notice, so they are early 21st century in spots of their supply chain still, but I ain't gonna complain.
BDGR

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made an order on 7-31 and another on 8-3, the status only says "order received"
Not that I am in a big hurry, just posting data

sf1954

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommend contacting them. I know my order was blocked by a computer glitch for over 2 weeks. They are trying to work out the bugs in their online ordering system.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made an order on 7-31 and another on 8-3, the status only says "order received"
Not that I am in a big hurry, just posting data
I emailed about a similar concern and received a written response within a day. They're process isn't too streamlined, but it works, at least it has so far for me.
BDGR

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems this business must be staffed by folks that worked for Richie Bros. at one time or another, at least they have the same business plan, take your money then to hell with you.

Talked to them last week and was told my order on the 31st of last month would ship in a "day or two" still no change in status, I was also told my order on the 3rd of this month (half shafts) was back-ordered and I should see it in mid-late Sept, of course I had to contact them to get this information out of them.

This all seems very familiar................ I will NOT be holding my breath............

PS, they were REAL efficient at taking my money!!!!!

badgerd

Electronic Jedi
I have placed 3 orders and received them all in 2-4 days, all standard UPS ground to VA Beach. Maybe I’m just lucky, although this would be the first time that would happen....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received this response today, this is actually the same response I received last week, the status has still not changed.

""""I am not sure exactly what happened but there was a glitch in the system. Nonetheless, I just spoke with the floor and they are packing your parts as we speak and they will be shipping today. Thank you for your patience and understanding.""""

I guess there is something about a new system, but patience for this kind of incompetence is dwindling, especially considering I did not get notice of the second order being back-ordered and still have not, even though I was told this by a customer service rep I still should have received an official notice.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right, so another update to my original order.

Today I received a UPS package for the right side mirror assembly.
Only issue with this is I received my order for a right hand mirror assembly over a week ago. It appears they shipped me a second on.

I sent Greg Proven (the guy who originally contacted me when I placed my order and asked how I had even found their site to order anything) an email explaining the duplicate shipment, I expect he'll send me a return tag.

So my guess is they're still working out bugs in their computer ordering/fulfillment system.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool,,, TOO bad they did not ship all of my parts I bought last week, ALL showed to be in stock NO notice or indication on my account the entire order was not shipped until only ONE piece arrived, I mean this is the 21st century and they must be keeping inventory on an Abacus, no freaking excuse in continually disappointing.
Moral of the story do not expect to get what you order any time soon, EVEN if it shows to be in stock...

Last edited:

Grey Ghost

Cool,,, TOO bad they did not ship all of my parts I bought last week, ALL showed to be in stock NO notice or indication on my account the entire order was not shipped until only ONE piece arrived, I mean this is the 21st century and they must be keeping inventory on an Abacus, no freaking excuse in continually disappointing.
Moral of the story do not expect to get what you order any time soon, EVEN if it shows to be in stock...
I ordered a steering wheel, horn and retaining ring all at the same time. All showed "in stock" Nope, but I did get all my stuff a month later. I didn't call or bitch just glad they are making some things available. Our business is so small to them if they get a lot of complaints I am afraid they will just refuse to sell commercially again.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered a steering wheel, horn and retaining ring all at the same time. All showed "in stock" Nope, but I did get all my stuff a month later. I didn't call or bitch just glad they are making some things available. Our business is so small to them if they get a lot of complaints I am afraid they will just refuse to sell commercially again.
The items I purchased are competitive on one of the evil auction sites, and I am positive I would have received them, just thought for some damn reason to give it yet another try, actually MY BAD!

I will have to say (in the interest of being fair) I had ONE purchase with them for two windshield glasses that came in a reasonable amount of time and unbroken, from now on only spares and items reasonably unavailable from other sources.

Now it's time to go and look for spares while the shipping if free!!

I guess the REAL question is, what if you order now but it does not ship until after Christmas?????

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered a large number of items in early November, mostly small, and all showing in stock. They came over a six week period in five separate shipments. If the shipping seemed a bit high (it did), they spent that or more shipping all those packages. Also, they asked for renewal of the credit card authorization after the last package arrived; they shipped everything before charging the card. Seems like a holdover from commercial practice where terms are "net 30" or whatever and PO processing is automated. If this is their standard practice, they are probably having trouble getting everyone to reauthorize the transactions. So they have some sorting out to do, but I'll definitely be getting another order in with the free shipping.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks