• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Am I asking for too much?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMOP.. I could see someone offering around 5K as a fair market price for it all. I dont know much on Gen Sets but this is what I would offer assuming everything was in good clean working order.

2500 for the m185
500 for the m105
1000-2000 for the Gen Set (depending on hours)

Others will chime in with their 2cents

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sooner or later someone will buy it, I personally think 4500-5000 is alot more realistic though.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think 2500 for the 185 is too low, especially if it has been gone through. I think the price as a whole is just too big a chunk of cash for one purchase. Why not use the classifieds here too?

cornrichard

I would split the generator out and sell it by its self. You should be able to get 4500, 5000 for the truck and trailer. If you keep it all together you are going to end up giving the generator away.

JOAT 0311

Hello Gentlemen, I have to agree about breaking things up. Sticker shock may in fact be killing your deal. Has anyone had any luck selling MV parts/vehicles on Gunbroker? I do agree about FleaBay. Clist is hit and miss. IMO there are a lot of Deuces on ebay. That of course, will make higher pricing a challenge w/o a very unique vehicle. It seems 2,500.00-4,000.00 trucks do well on Flea bay. Just some food for thought. JOAT 0311

Preacherboy

I agree with whoever said sticker shock. I have tried to sell guns in the past, pull all the loaded ammo I had for that gun, and reloading dies--it might have been a goo price for the whole setup, but was just too high. So I list each item separately and it seemed to work. Actually, if you list each item separately you might be able to get more than what you originally figured!

Also, deuces in the $2500-3500 seem to go fast the trucks in the $4500-6500+ sit around longer.

cbvet

In good economic times, your price would probably be okay.
Unfortunately, money is tight for a lot of us.
I too, think you'll have to go down to $4500 to $5000 if you want to sell it soon.

DeuceNewb

With the condition it is in, yeh too much. Poor paint and incorrect windows do a lot to turn people off. I bet if you had good paint on it you would be getting some interest

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i agree with some... price on the truck around 4500.00 .. the 105s are going super cheap on GL.. some 175.00... the gen i see for sale from 1000 and up depends on the hours.. i would op for selling them seperaly.. the truck should sell off fast as well as the gen set.

ARYankee

I agree with what everyone else has said. The biggest isssues are the economy and the fact you can still acquire these items dirt cheap off of GL or GSA. I know you run the risk of it being crap and the items aren't in the best condition but most folks seem to be willing to take the risk. I think if you don't need the money right now then just hang in there and you will eventually get what you want for it.

Biggles

I would gladly pay what you are asking for it with a smile on my face. . . . . If i had that kind of money laying around. I don't so I like everyone else will try and pie3ce that same set up together off of GL and so on. It's not that your asking too much it's that your selling too much. (at once that is)

GoldComet6

I think the marketplace is giving you the answer. The fact that nobody is bidding on it, says that it's too much in this economic enviroment. Split it out and see how that goes. As it has already been said - I would think that will help a lot.

If no one bites then, try a price reduction.

2cents

Mitymac

Theres no heater or either, soft top,changed windows. they sold cheap last winter.. but there gone now. put a $100 of spray can paint in camo on it, makes for a new looking truck. Drive it in some parades, make people want it, lower price.