• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Am I crazy? Am I lucky? 1988 HMMWV

cwajciec

These are words spoken by family and friends after “winning” an auction for my first hmmwv M998 off GP.
http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/item/915436?h=6-22

i have learned so much from this site but I realize that I don’t even know what I don’t know. So, would you mind giving me advice on the above unit and let me know what I’m getting myself into? I already have a replacement light switch coming, and plan to do some grounding upgrades before anything else.

like what are the yellow lights for? And the on/off switch next to the light switch? I hope to convert this to a 4 door so I hope the seat brackets are there.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait light didn't come on, so they had either all already ran it up to temp and restarted it in the vid, or the box will need to be replaced.(betting new box needed) Wish GP would be more forthcoming, but I just assume new box needed) All in all looking at the pics and the price you paid, I'd say you scored well. I like the turtle tops myself! A couple new doors from Breton $400, and it will look great on the outside along with a new hood strap. $5500...I paid double for mine with regular top and needed all kinds of repairs, including injector pump seal. Your valley looks wet, hard to tell from the pic, might be water or could be fuel like mine was. Amber lights, probably was a repair vehicle.

Last edited:

cwajciec

Thanks for the feedback! I see it probably has the original engine but a yellow stripe on the glow plug temp sensor so I assume it has been upgraded at least once. I also see some triangular plates on the b pillar which indicate some retrofit? I’ll keep an eye out for a new eecc if needed. Thanks for the feedback; now for the EUC waiting period.....................