• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Am I missing something?

Flyinguy

So I am looking for “the truck”. I have been watching various websites, looking at the various offerings. I found a truck on the “secondlifetruck” site and reached out for more information, no answer after several weeks. So maybe the truck had sold? A bit later, I tried another ad, still no response.
Anyone have any suggestions or advice. Is there a secret code word?
If this post needs to be moved, please let me know. Thanks

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I am looking for “the truck”. I have been watching various websites, looking at the various offerings. I found a truck on the “secondlifetruck” site and reached out for more information, no answer after several weeks. So maybe the truck had sold? A bit later, I tried another ad, still no response.
Patience is a virtue....

Dont rush it
....look around
...ask around

..figure out details and budget.....

I still have first trk I ever bought....others come and can go....but....

Classifieds here are good.....
It can and does happen.....thats how we all got our first trk...

GOOD LUCK and God bless!!

Flyinguy

Patience is a virtue....

Dont rush it
....look around
...ask around

..figure out details and budget.....

I still have first trk I ever bought....others come and can go....but....

Classifieds here are good.....
It can and does happen.....thats how we all got our first trk...

GOOD LUCK and God bless!!
Thanks! I have been looking for a while, learning and listening. David at eastern surplus has been very helpful, as well as the crew at Boyce. I was just wondering at the total lack of response with this particular site.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Secondlifetruck" has been publicly commented on for exactly what you're experiencing - no response. It's either a picture/detail skimming website or unmaintained cragislist equivalent. I found one of my own trucks for sale on the site before to my surprise! I've also seen trucks up for sale nearly 5 years now that people used as a pricing guide and get disappointed.

Flyinguy

"Secondlifetruck" has been publicly commented on for exactly what you're experiencing - no response. It's either a picture/detail skimming website or unmaintained cragislist equivalent. I found one of my own trucks for sale on the site before to my surprise! I've also seen trucks up for sale nearly 5 years now that people used as a pricing guide and get disappointed.
Thanks! I will look elsewhere.

Blaines2399

I just bought my first truck, an M813A1 5 ton. My experience was similar to yours, the best place to find a truck in my opinion is facebook marketplace and there are also a few groups on facebook that people list trucks in that wont pop up on marketplace. I found my truck on marketplace within a few hours of the guy posting the truck and it was a good deal so I just got lucky.

pmramsey

$11,000 with the M127A2C trailer.

Message me from this site. 1972 M818 with a 2002 depot rebuild currently with less than 5000 miles. It had less than 100 miles when I purchased from GL. Not a dog. Excellent truck in every way. Make a reasonable offer with or without the trailer.
Google, Phillip Ramsey Military Beekeeper, and watch video.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Wreckclues

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought my first truck, an M813A1 5 ton. My experience was similar to yours, the best place to find a truck in my opinion is facebook marketplace and there are also a few groups on facebook that people list trucks in that wont pop up on marketplace. I found my truck on marketplace within a few hours of the guy posting the truck and it was a good deal so I just got lucky.
I see a lot of 5-Tons for sale on Marketplace here in New England but I found my M813 right here in the classifieds. As a new member "back then" I had to contact the seller through a moderator and then coordinate my schedule to his. Took a couple of months to figure everything out.

However, that's not how I learned about the truck. I spotted it in another classified that later turned out to be a scam. After answering the ad, there was no response but my volume of spam went up and shortly thereafter the site went away. Figured someone had copied the sellers original ad and pasted it into the spam site. The seller later told me he had listed the truck through another site that he took down months before my search results.

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah the website that you responded to is probably just Gathering your information like emails and phone numbers and everything it can and then selling it, this is the new world .

If you have a picture of the truck you want, do an image search with it see if it shows up somewhere else .

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When I realized that I had to have an M936 I went to Google and typed in "M936 for sale".

The only "problem" was to decide on which one to buy after finding quite a few for sale.
That's good! Especially with several to choose from.
Now all you have to do is decide which one...

You might want to get a tan or a green or a camo.

The boom will require some closeup inspection. There are a lot of hydraulic lines and they need to be replaced (more than likely). Don't hesitate to call up the local hydraulic store and have them come out and replace your lines... You definitely don't want a busted line to squirt fluid all over your yard...

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$11,000 with the M127A2C trailer.

Message me from this site. 1972 M818 with a 2002 depot rebuild currently with less than 5000 miles. It had less than 100 miles when I purchased from GL. Not a dog. Excellent truck in every way. Make a reasonable offer with or without the trailer.
Google, Phillip Ramsey Military Beekeeper, and watch video.

Phil,

Are those the two 818s that we brought to our farm when you bought them?

steve

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first (and only) 809 was an accident. A member here was at the BMV and overheard a guy saying he had an M813A1 he wanted to get rid of. My buddyd said I'll bet I can sell it for you in a couple of call. One call to Gimpy and Gimpy called me and I bought it that weekend.

pmramsey

Phil,

Are those the two 818s that we brought to our farm when you bought them?

steve
Yep. Pulled them out of Dayton in 2010. Good memory. I have always been appreciative of your generosity, time, and talent. I was not expecting to purchase two tractors but somehow, I managed to screw up and have two. At the time, I was in a panic. However, I have never regretted it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks