• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AMBAC M50 Rebuild Services

screejunk

Hoping this is the correct place for this request. Bob here from GMG. We are looking for a new partner for Ambac M50 rebuilds. If any of the experts in this community would like to discuss working with us, I'd love to talk to them. We had a direct service with Ambac, but, even Ambac, has stopped supporting rebuilds! This is a bit disconcerting:( But I'm sure there are some entrepreneurs out there that might have the skills to partner with us. Please message me if you would like to chat.

rickf

I know there are a couple guys here that rebuild those pumps but if Ambac has stopped support where are they going to get parts? I know timing buttons were always an issue but there are other parts that break that if not supported by replacement parts then there might be a problem.

screejunk

I know there are a couple guys here that rebuild those pumps but if Ambac has stopped support where are they going to get parts? I know timing buttons were always an issue but there are other parts that break that if not supported by replacement parts then there might be a problem.
Indeed. Many parts are available. We still sell rebuild kits, plunger guides, buttons. I believe some of the larger parts are not available. Not 100% sure what part is not available, but I have not run into a specific issue yet. Could you forward the handles of anyone who might be good to reach out to? Thanks.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I would think with that kind of margin you could just retool these in the far east new?

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I would think with that kind of margin you could just retool these in the far east new?
I bet CCE down under could make one from scratch and send you back some change! :)

screejunk

Minimum run lots are over 1,000 units to get a reasonable competitive rate. Regarding our listing for a new pump. The price is what it is. I will add that we rarely rarely sell a new unit at this price, hence why we are looking for rebuild partners.

screejunk

Your listing does not say new, it says " REMANUFACTURED to OEM specifications". That language isn't interchangeable.
Indeed, you are correct. The important thing is that our terminology is accurate on our website, where it counts. We are chatting in a forum;-) The best quality you can get in 2024 is factory remanned, not new. Remanned being a step above rebuilding. New is not available.

Scoobyshep

Well I have found myself in the same situation, The real unfortunate part is the pump is pretty much beyond repair.

rickf

Indeed. Many parts are available. We still sell rebuild kits, plunger guides, buttons. I believe some of the larger parts are not available. Not 100% sure what part is not available, but I have not run into a specific issue yet. Could you forward the handles of anyone who might be good to reach out to? Thanks.
I cannot speak for others, If they are interested they will see this and respond.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks