• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Amber headlights

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I do have a set of these back home but I am trying to recall I think they were 12 Volt and that is why they are still in the box. I do have a few 24 Volt Landing lights that are brighter than you can believe without seeing them.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
The french... see I have this theory. Any time you loose possession of your country twice in the same century and you have to call in outside help to get it back... you are no longer entitled to have an opinion about anything regarding world affairs ever again. Any vehicles your so called army has are mandated to not have any forward gears, just 18 speeds in reverse. You should be happy to sit back, ride along quietly, fly the white flag and stuff yellow headlights in all your junk including bicycles and wheelbarrels. Plus, you're never allowed to capitalize your country's name again.

Somebody just had to start it.

YankeeDuece

I was at NAPA last week looking for a set of amber hi-lo headlights , strangely, they did not have any in stock but the could order me a set for $128.00 a piece! I said no thanks and left with my gallon of Rotella T.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just left NAPA and all they could get was standard for 93$. Would love to know for sure what the amber part # is. I tried to pull up your # Kenny and could not get it to pull up anything on NAPA's web site.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I found a source that can order them from the manufacturer. They also had the 4433A's which are the 12 volt model in stock for 29.95$ each. I will put up company info when the quote comes in. Their guess was that they (4863A's) would be just under 50$ unless it was a big order then it would be cheaper.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The site is replacementlightbulbs.com They have the 12V 4433A's for under 30$. They sent a request to Wagner to have some 4863A's coated and the reply came back that they can't make them. It is believed that they are too high of wattage. The ambers are now coated with a paint like substance before final assembly. I believe the older ones (70's-Vietnam) were actually made from an amber glass. So back to searching. Guess one could put in an inverter and use the 12V's?????

JDToumanian

If you have some of the original yellow glass bulbs that are burned out, you could always retrofit them with a suitable 24v headlight lamp by drilling out the back and removing the old parts from inside. They wouldn't be "sealed beams" anymore, but it would work.

Jon

Attachments

jasonjc

I called one of my venders to day for some other bulbs. So I asked about the 4863's and was told they were discontuied. As she was going thought the list to find me a sub # she came across some amber one of a difernt # but same watt/volt. These are also discontuied but they had some left. So I order a pair to see if they would work. Shuold have them tomorow. And will let you know what I find out.

jasonjc

OK I got some amber headlights $30.00ea plus shipping. They do not have the pig tails thought. They are Wagner bulbs. Anyone want some? My supplier said that these are discontinue, they have 10 left I can have them hear by Tuesday.

Attachments

I have a few pictures of deuces with amber headlights in service, see below.

I myself managed to get hold on two amber sealed beams made by Westinghouse, which AFAIK are still to be bought in the States when you search by the Westinghouse number code. Only drawback: they are 12 Volt types.
They have an imprint on the back which says: "Not legal for highway use in the USA", which I thought was funny. I mean, a light, either it's roadworthy or not.

I probably won't use them because sealed beams are forbidden here. Another more suitable choice would be to find original Bosch reflectors with amber glass, which are on sale now and then.

Cheers,
Mark

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck finding some, they aren't easy to find. There was another thread 2007-08ish that had alot of them for sale. Keep searching. I have four but about the time I sold a set i'd need a replacement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks