• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Americus, GA POW Speaking Experience

Atomic

On Sunday Sept 18th of this month, Korean War Veteran and former POW, PFC Robert Bostwick will be speaking about his experiences at Life Point Church in Americus, GA. A few of us South GA boys will be trekking over that way to not only to show our support but to also attend services and hear from this true American Hero. We have been asked to bring our trucks so that they may be staged out front for eye candy. We have the full support of the pastor for this event.

Services start at 10am.

This church is a very pro-America and I for one am looking forward to this. So, bring your trucks, family and flags! Let us, as a group, show our support for this HERO!

Thanks guys,

Russ

Welder1

It looks like we have 3 trucks from Albany going so far. Two deuces and a 5 ton. Any one else want to join us? We will be leaving at 8am to drive up to Americus.

sandcobra164

Wonderful trip all around. It was a pleasant ride up to the church, a wonderful service was witnessed by all and a trouble free ride back home. Three more stops for this group to finish the year!!! GA Rally in October, Touch A Truck in November and Leesburg Christmas Parade!!!

Attachments

Atomic

Ditto Sandcobra!

Good quick trip and the church was overjoyed to have us there. We have a standing invite to come back as this is a yearly event with POWs. I drove another members truck, as mine is having issue right now, but it went without a hitch.

Life Point church is small but very alive church and from what I gathered, they love putting this on. The pastor was extremely energetic and thrilled to have us.

PFC Bostwick started off by saying that he is "not a public speaker" and this was evident. What I took away from his time on stage was a solemn regret and hurt in his voice. He was captured along with another serviceman when a mortar round blew them out of the machine gun nest they were in. It was the last time he saw his friend although he did live, he could not make contact with him after the war despite his efforts to do so. He joined as a quartermaster and wound up manning a machine gun for 7 months. Needs of the service. He spent very little time as a POW but his story is powerful to hear none the less. He said with his head looking down "I did what I had to do to escape". There was enough pause between the next sentence for everyone in attendance to infer what that meant. He has rightly earned the standing ovation he received after his presentation.

It was the first time that I have had the opportunity to see/listen to a former POW. It was a experience to say the least. I will, good Lord willing, be there next year.

Ya'll come with us next year!!

Atomic

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks