• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ammeter for MEP-002A source found

JimH

There have been a number of good sources for these meters. I am a bit surprised that no one has mentioned epay. I have seen all these meters at varied pricing there. In fact, I bought a couple of NOS reed resonant meters as well as meter transducer combinations for both the mep-002a and 003a., I also found the mep-004a meter, which would also work in the smaller gen sets, as it has a matching transducer. I have seen the current meters there as well. It takes some patience, but what you need will show up.

Standard disclaimer, I am not involved with any facet of online selling or buying, except as a consumer.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i too emailed them around a week ago. no reply. both of the gens i picked up last month have the same problem. no reading on the hertz gauge. is this the part i need?

dlsacco

I found a source for the ammeter (NSN 6625-01-038-6829, PN# 72-5007-1) at idealmeter.com. The cost is 68.85 plus shipping but I would have to buy a minimum qty of five. Does that sound like a reasonable deal? If so does anyone want to get one?

Did you ever get any of these? Current going rate from Green Mountain Generators is $200.00 for a USED meter, and have not heard back from DELKS.

Thanks,
Daniel

t5noel

Did you ever get any of these? Current going rate from Green Mountain Generators is $200.00 for a USED meter, and have not heard back from DELKS.

Thanks,
Daniel
No, I never did buy any. I bought a hand ammeter that lets me measure each leg at the generator.

Ray70

Guys, a word of advice on those e-bay digital meters, instead of the one Fletcher0780 pictured, locate a direct read one ( same price ) The one in Fletcher's picture uses an induction coil to read, some also require 12vDC input. Look for the one that is 90-300 VAC input, 40-70Hz, then just tie the 2 wires to the back of your existing volt meter. If you look around a little on this forum you'll find several different posts about it. Also, Hardy Diesel used to sell the meters on fleabay but stopped for a while, I was told they would be relisting them in a week or 2. The one I got looks just like the Hardy Diesel only without their name on it and it was $19 w/ free shipping.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks