• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ammeter for MEP-002A source found

JimH

There have been a number of good sources for these meters. I am a bit surprised that no one has mentioned epay. I have seen all these meters at varied pricing there. In fact, I bought a couple of NOS reed resonant meters as well as meter transducer combinations for both the mep-002a and 003a., I also found the mep-004a meter, which would also work in the smaller gen sets, as it has a matching transducer. I have seen the current meters there as well. It takes some patience, but what you need will show up.

Standard disclaimer, I am not involved with any facet of online selling or buying, except as a consumer.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i too emailed them around a week ago. no reply. both of the gens i picked up last month have the same problem. no reading on the hertz gauge. is this the part i need?

dlsacco

I found a source for the ammeter (NSN 6625-01-038-6829, PN# 72-5007-1) at idealmeter.com. The cost is 68.85 plus shipping but I would have to buy a minimum qty of five. Does that sound like a reasonable deal? If so does anyone want to get one?

Did you ever get any of these? Current going rate from Green Mountain Generators is $200.00 for a USED meter, and have not heard back from DELKS.

Thanks,
Daniel

t5noel

Did you ever get any of these? Current going rate from Green Mountain Generators is $200.00 for a USED meter, and have not heard back from DELKS.

Thanks,
Daniel
No, I never did buy any. I bought a hand ammeter that lets me measure each leg at the generator.

Ray70

Guys, a word of advice on those e-bay digital meters, instead of the one Fletcher0780 pictured, locate a direct read one ( same price ) The one in Fletcher's picture uses an induction coil to read, some also require 12vDC input. Look for the one that is 90-300 VAC input, 40-70Hz, then just tie the 2 wires to the back of your existing volt meter. If you look around a little on this forum you'll find several different posts about it. Also, Hardy Diesel used to sell the meters on fleabay but stopped for a while, I was told they would be relisting them in a week or 2. The one I got looks just like the Hardy Diesel only without their name on it and it was $19 w/ free shipping.