• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ammeter for MEP-002A source found

t5noel

I found a source for the ammeter (NSN 6625-01-038-6829, PN# 72-5007-1) at idealmeter.com. The cost is 68.85 plus shipping but I would have to buy a minimum qty of five. Does that sound like a reasonable deal? If so does anyone want to get one?

edgephoto

I need a frequency meter for one of my 002A's. I did find one but it is $200. It is supposedly a more reliable modern design. I know I can use a kill a watt or my fluke to measure but I want a working frequency meter on my machine.

fletcher0780

I need a frequency meter for one of my 002A's. I did find one but it is $200. It is supposedly a more reliable modern design. I know I can use a kill a watt or my fluke to measure but I want a working frequency meter on my machine.
I ordered this panel from surpluscenter: http://www.surpluscenter.com/EnlargePhoto.asp?ITEM=11-3282 as I need a few things off it. I'll try the frequency meter and let you know if it works.

t5noel

I ordered this panel from surpluscenter: http://www.surpluscenter.com/EnlargePhoto.asp?ITEM=11-3282 as I need a few things off it. I'll try the frequency meter and let you know if it works.
I bought this board. The volt meter works great but the ammeter does not work. The ammeter pegs out when I put a hair dryer(1850 watts) on the aux outlet. The frequency meter is very different. The connections on the back are soldered instead of connecting with screws and nuts. If I had seen a picture of the backside I may not have bought it. If you play with the frequency meter I would be interested in your results.

Triple Jim

It sounds like the ammeter needs a shunt, or a different shunt. Most ammeters have a very low value resistor across their terminals to take the majority of curent, so only a small fraction flows through the meter. This can be a metal bar, or wire, or similar assembly. You can make one from insulated wire, as long as the wire is capable of handling the current, and make the meter have a new full-scale current, adjusting the wire length to get the scale you want. Of course you may have to make a new cardboard face for the meter. Sometimes the specifics of the shunt the meter was designed for are printed on the face in fine print.

t5noel

Last edited:

Grega

Ive installed one of these vibrating meters on my mep 002a. Due to the vibrating nature of the 002a, it had erratic readings. It might work better on a mep 003a though.

leedawg

Thanks for the tip. They could run a more efficient operation if they'd pay attention to their emails. I'll call tomorrow.

Dont be too hard on them they are a small family run buisness brick and mortor store. William Delk is one of the niceset guys to deal with and will talk to you about problems your having even if you have not bought something from him. He knows these machines very well and has seen most of the issues and has pretty much all the parts for them to replace. I have nothing but great things to say bout Delks they are fair and honest good people down there. Does not hurt to just give them a call seems as though ppl have forgotten how to just talk to ppl in the society with email, text messaging, fourms. Any way call them super easy to deal with being from cali the accent is a little hard to understand at first but I just have to pay more attention when they are talking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks