• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AMMPs 1030 non runner repair

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a AMMPS 1030 with 188 hours on the clock. bought as a non-runner drained of fluids, oil filter missing. and came with the large solargizer. so far i have
-pulled the batteries, installed new ones 51r
-installed oil filter
-filled with oil, coolant
-checked air filter
-Shutoff all the valves that were left open
Screen came on has a maintenance due warning Tried to start and fuel pump kicked on and heard clicking like low battery from the starter but a little different. Fail to start fault came on 1438 cleared code and tried one more time and same thing. looked around the machine. tried to turn over the genset from the Dead crank switch and saw smoke .battery cables were hot. I shut the switch to off, went to the other side of the machine turned the disconnect switch into the off position and let it cool enough to disconnect the battery cables. Next i read the TM for good measure a couple times and not much help there. took the back cover off to bar over the engine just to make sure it was not stuck and it was not. It is my belief that the coil starter is gone. All the connections were well lubricated and tight. so now i have pulled the batteries, removed the cables and zip tied which ones go together so i dont get them wrong later as the TM informs. removed the manifold heat shield. Removed the bottom bolt from the starter, and tommorrow as always gotta buy a set of metric crows feet as i cant get to the back bolt to remove it. it is mentioned in the TM about having a crows foot but i tried with out it. More progress tommorrow.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks when i say nothing but quality lets just look at the pictures. I want to have a few words with the person who put that 1/2 inch of silicone covering the 2 nuts on the back. It took a 15mm crows foot to get the first nut holding the wire off. the second one i ended up with a 5/8 with universal and ratchet just to get over the silicone to get it off both fought me the whole way with that crap on there. Slovenia's finest products here.

Attachments

Last edited:

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This seems to be similar in nature with the issues Stanley Black & Decker had with their new Craftsman plant in Ft. Worth Texas which they equipped with Automation Equipment from Belarus.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a new alternator coming and will update once it comes in. Just FYI it was not the ones for sale on EBAY that guy wants too much for beat up surplus units that have never been tested and no warranty and seems like someone i would not want to deal with after emails back and forth and reading his Bad reviews. Summit racing can order the starter for the cheapest price but right now its estimated Aug 28th 2023 before it ships. I found a company that had 2 in stock. If someone needs one PM me and i will share it as i know links posted here tend not to work in the future.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So i bought this unit with only the thought that i might get a good engine and parts for sale, but as of today we have a runner. New starter and batteries are in and she fired right up. DCS faults and maintenance items have been cleared, producing power and charging batteries. This unit even has the large Solargizer. here are some victory pictures for your viewing pleasure.
20230728_181837.jpg20230728_181853.jpg20230728_181907.jpg20230728_181923.jpg

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my Kubota RTV 900 and Grasshopper 725d both with D902 engines are no where near as quiet as this thing kinda thought maybe it wasnt running right at first. The 1040 although still quiet is still much louder than this unit.

A lot of baffles and sound deadening in that generator. I havent heard a 1030 or 1040 run, but the WhisperWatt generators I've seen are amazing quiet, like mid 60s dB

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A lot of baffles and sound deadening in that generator. I havent heard a 1030 or 1040 run, but the WhisperWatt generators I've seen are amazing quiet, like mid 60s dB
These are even more quiet than the whisperwatts. at least the onese i have because both of mine are 3600 rpm units when ever power is used in idle they are quiet. Now put any of the above next to a yanmar 5500 watt or an mep 531 then you have a real comparison of quiet versus loud

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last piece that i was missing on this generator was the dust ejector on the air filter. all used ones that i have seen sell have the remains of it melted to the valve cover. This one was no exception as it was like a puddle of goo. I absolutely could not find a part number in the TM i searched high and low even though it says its a wear part, so i have found a part number from Kubota that works fine and thought that i would share
K1211-82340

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks