• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Amphenol / Cannon plug pin out

Augi

The short answer is "no".

There are so many applications that use so many different kinds of connectors that I imagine it would be difficult to enforce a standard.

I've seen 3 pin connectors with power on A and ground on B, power on A and ground on C, power on C and ground on A...

Forget about it when you get 20 or 30 signals on a connector...

Augi

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just wandering as I had found a spec sheet for wire tag numbers and #1 wire is the same for a HMMWV to a m1 tank in applicaton.

I did not know if the connector world was also that organized.

Augi

M series vehicle wiring has standardized numbers. I think olive drab had it detailed on the site somewhere.

Augi

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the connectors on my M37/42 are 3 pin and I have standardized on A=24+, B= Ground or -, and C is unused. For large connectors, the other contacts usually have defined (i.e., Left, Right, Clock, High, Low etc.) functions.

So far this system has served me well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks