• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Amplifier for speaker and subwoofers

lavarok

He said it is a M1010....maybe someone removed the duvac and installed a battery equalizer which would be the 24v to 12v converter he is talking about.....

With that said, use the front battery POS terminal ( or rear battery NEG terminal ) to get your 12v power. If there is a battery equalizer it will be tied into this location.

lavarok

My truck has one alternator someone had done a conversion and put in an upgraded 24 to 12 volt dc to dc converter. I also don't appreciate you being a jerk man. I think a good amount of people are here to seek answers for things we don't know much about or get a different opinion on things we do know about.
Sounds like the duvac was replaced to me. Can you tell us more about the DC to DC converter and how it is wired?

lavarok

Blue box on driver side engine compartment? If so, then that is stock from the factory.
Whether it is the original DUVAC or an after market battery equalizer, it is required.
Your alternator should be a 24v Leece Neville (large and red typically) which is why you need a converter for stable 12v. Dont muck with it unless you know what your doing.

M1010s are different than all the other CUCVs in this respect. The TMs point out the wiring differences if you check the diagrams provided.

Any way, use the front battery POS or rear battery NEG. If you notice they are tied together. The 12v bus is usually tied to the rear battery NEG battery cable. Tapping in at this location was good enough for the military, so its good enough for me.