• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AN/GRC-46C Restoration

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I Brought home this AN/GRC-46C last week. There is nothing working as far as I know. I began removing all the interior items this week to see what is needed. The S-144 shelter will be repaired as necessary and the interior and exterior will be painted. The electronics will be repaired and the shelter will be reconfigured as an "A" model. The "C" had only one seat and could not transmit from the printer keyboard as it was not in the loop. The TT-98 is missing now but someone put in a TT-537 for show. The 537 is not compatible with the '46. The T-195 is a “B” model so I need drawings as I only have data on the plain and “A”. Once finished, I may sell it as I don’t need another truck to mount it on!

I also have a restored AN/GRC-142 that is 100% operational. It is mounted on my M-715. Pictures can be found here on the site.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice Ratt rig! Unusual to find them with the radios and accesories. Looks like the R392 is missing? I think you should keep it and restore a M37 to put it in!

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice Ratt rig! Unusual to find them with the radios and accesories. Looks like the R392 is missing? I think you should keep it and restore a M37 to put it in!
The R-392 was on the floor. It was loose in the rack so I put it on the floor to transport it so it's there. I operated the '46 in the late 60's. Yes, I have been thinking about an M-37 but would not want to restore another truck. I'd look for one already done this time!!

nf6x

Feral Engineer
You, sir, are my hero! I have a mostly-complete, partially-working AN/GRC-122B set on the back of my HMMWV, but I'd dearly love to acquire/build a proper GRC-46 set someday. I have most of the components to recreate the set (just need to get around to repairing a lot of stuff), but not the proper shelter. Or the right truck to put it on, either.

:grd:

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
but I'd dearly love to acquire/build a proper GRC-46 set someday. I have most of the components to recreate the set (just need to get around to repairing a lot of stuff), but not the proper shelter.
If you were on the east coast, I'd point you to some '46 shelters. I know of several but I don't know what is in them if anything.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a gent in western PA that had a website, since taken down, of his M37 and GRC-46 restoration. I saved a picture from his site a while back of how the unit is supposed to look mounted on the -37.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks