• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

An introduction from South-East PA

barefootin

Well as a long time lurker and dreamer I made my purchase the other month. It took a while since in 22 years, the only time my wife had ever said no was when I mentioned buying a Deuce (understand I've had and have many toys). My old 1 ton chevy truck (although still running great at 321K miles) has been retired due to rust. I asked again, test drove, and had a sign from above (after discussing a potential purchase as we were going to lunch after church we ended our discussion as we sat down. As our waitress approached our table, she was wearing fatigues and no further discussions were had). I settled on a fairly rust free 71 M35a2 in desert tan showing 1451 miles from SC. I love it! I've gone over it, had it inspected, and I am looking forward to the experience.

barefootin

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Coal Cracker; Cool, Weatherly is where we vacation over the summer. Awesome area! Can't imagine climbing the gorge in the Deuce. My wifes old LRover barely crests the top with the pedal to the floor doing only 43mph with high rev's! I've seen this dumper up there in the past.

Attachments

barefootin

Pictures

Welcome, from Coatesville PA.
We like pictures, Deuce and the rusty K30 too.
Here is the Deuce (Tanner or Tan-doom axle {kids})

I wish I still had my '77 K. The one the Deuce is replacing is a light duty '90 K3500 (single rear wheels with 14 bolt). Body is OK with typical rust around the wells but the frame cross supports, shock mounts, and mounts are gone or paper thin. The rails are fine so I may start welding over the summer. I really wanted to get it to 400K miles.....:( With 321K miles on a 4 bolt 5.7L, I still know it will start everytime and it's been a beast that has tollerated my abuse with little more than oil changes and general maint.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks