• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

An SS'r dragging a monstertruck by it's tail

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a pic af a Deuce I used to own,
I'm guessing it's Marv aka dragonwagon unless he sold it ( it was on Craigs list a while ago.)
deuce dragging robs truck.jpg

I wasn't there but I heard " that Arny truck just walked away with it"
I was hoping for a video.

flyxpl

The army truck was at a disadvantage the way the strap is hooked up the monster truck would lift the rear wheels of the deuce upwards giving the deuce less traction and pulling down on the monster trucks rear wheels giving it more traction .

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The army truck was at a disadvantage the way the strap is hooked up the monster truck would lift the rear wheels of the deuce upwards giving the deuce less traction and pulling down on the monster trucks rear wheels giving it more traction .
I noticed the height difference too; definitely an edge for the monster truck. I also figured the monster truck to have a considerable horsepower advantage. However the army truck would probably have a significant weight advantage and an obvious edge on gearing as far as putting power to the ground. I think this would've been an interesting contest to see.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
By pulling DOWN on the big truck rear, past the axle, you took all the weight off of the front tires, so ALL the horsepower goes to the rear causing spin-out, with the deuce, the engine weight on the front axle, along with the weight transfer from the lift of the tow strap, the deuce would be almost unstoppable

jw4x4

That monster truck appears to be an old school out-dated ride. Naturally aspirated big block, I'm guessing. Prolly weighs around 11,000 lbs. The deuce has a definite advantage in this contest. More weight, more torque. I would like to see the video, pretty sure the deuce wins this one.

Bighurt

I think the only true competition is a side by side tractor pull, IMO it evens the odds.

The mention of pulling down on the opponent is exactly what excuse the loser will give.

One on one with the same sled, matches driver and machine against a common obstacle.

3dAngus

If that monster was built right and had $50k in it like the original it might have gone the other way even regardless of weight, height, etc as you all know. So for what they got out of it I would have just been glad to be there waving a flag and rootin the deuce on regardless of outcome, but thrilled should the deuce put it to shame.

It would just seem to be an overwhelmingly patriotic moment. Yeah a video would be worth bookmarking.

Can't put up the link from here but google deuce tractor pull and you'll see a nice clean sled pull on utube. It just goes like the everready bunny.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks