• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

And another new member from VA

1986 M1031

Hello from southeast VA! My son just bought a 1986 M1031, has 21450 on the odometer and 350 hours on the generator. PO said it had been sitting for awhile but it was running before he got it (not sure when). Also found all the service records from 210th Engineer Det. in Peterbrough, NH. Kind of cool looking through all the info. Even have the transfer report when shipped to UIC W7NN54 from UIC WS9SAA on 2/14/2008 with 15090 on the odometer. I have not spent any time looking up the UICs.

Anyways, 2 new batteries, fuel filter and some clean fuel. We got her fired up. I will throw some pics up when I get them from my son. He was thinking Cummins swap, but she sounds good might just leave her alone for now and put some miles on her.

Jim

Capehenery

Hello from Virginia Beach
Welcome to the site and the hobby (Green Iron Disease).
We have a local MV club that meets several time each year and participates in local events.
Hit me up if your are interested!

Capehenery

That will be great. Where can I get information on the club?
We meet 6 times a year to cover club business but we get together at events almost every month.
Our next event on the calendar is March 19 for the Ocean view Saint Patrick's day parade. Green Iron and Green Beer:beer:

Feel free to pm some contact info and we will put you on our email list.

Facebook Military Vehicle Preservation Society of Tidewater https://www.facebook.com/groups/197202466977663/

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site hobby friendships and events up coming. Do you have the coms or engineers body on back? they look really chunky and business like. Post up some pictures.

1986 M1031

Welcome to the site hobby friendships and events up coming. Do you have the coms or engineers body on back? they look really chunky and business like. Post up some pictures.
Engineers. Need to do some research on the governor and associated wiring. I will have my son send me some pics to post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks