• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

And for god sake read the tm

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
We have A LOT of new people on Steel Soldiers and there are quite a few that have never owned a military vehicle much less driven vehicles the size of a deuce.

FOR GOD SAKE DOWNLOAD AND READ THE TM before you kill yourself or run over a minivan full of kids. Some of the questions that get asked just lead me to believe some people don't have a clue.

Good example, how many people that own a deuce know they are to drain the air tanks daily and how many more know where to find the air tanks.

So Please get the TM's downloaded and read them.

I think I've voiced my concern sufficiently.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree.

Talking about draining air tanks, There was a post awhile back (believe it was on the old site) where someone asked if they had to go out and drain their tanks every day if the truck was just sitting there not in use.

I've seen post where someone already owns a deuce and ask "what is a TM" also.

kurtkds

I do like the handy "cruise control" knob on the dash. And how do I us the AC?? :roll:

But Seriously, These vehicles take a lot of TLC and if you don't have time to educate yourself, then stay out from behind the wheel.

ABN173

We have A LOT of new people on Steel Soldiers and there are quite a few that have never owned a military vehicle much less driven vehicles the size of a deuce.

FOR GOD SAKE DOWNLOAD AND READ THE TM before you kill yourself or run over a minivan full of kids.
Ditto I'm pretty sure that "Ghost Ridin the Deuce" is not in the TM

wsucougarx

Yah, I think that Ghost Riding the Deuce bit was just too much. Makes us look like a bunch of hillbillies w/crud like that. Definately doesn't protray us MV owner's as responsible. In fact I think the moderators should delete that thread so it doesn't get into the hands of another kid who wants to out due that immature skit

Highwayman87

Yah, I think that Ghost Riding the Deuce bit was just too much. Makes us look like a bunch of hillbillies w/crud like that. Definately doesn't protray us MV owner's as responsible. In fact I think the moderators should delete that thread so it doesn't get into the hands of another kid who wants to out due that immature skit
I agree, that was dumb on their part. I've been a trucking veteran for 17 years and the first thing we were taught was to RESPECT the truck and don't do anything stupid because that truck weighs a lot, it's not a sports car, and you can kill yourself or others by negligence. These guys need to respect the truck they have, what if they slipped and fell? Not a pretty picture. The mods should remove that post because it's not in good taste.

foothill4play

mods should just remove it because it promotes unsafe vehicle opperations, negligence,stupidity.... Maybe they should just move it to the" safety forum" on what not to do.... well just my oppinion.... they do have freedom of speech I guess...

zak

This is why the first half of all new car manuals are instructions on how to drive. We have become a nation of "its somebody else's fault for my stupidity"

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please take this seriously. We do impact the general public with an image, please keep it positive and responsible.

I have been waiting for you guys to be shocked or embarrassed(by association) by the ghost riding thread....

papercu

I have been waiting for you guys to be shocked or embarrassed(by association) by the ghost riding thread....
I was embarrassed that some of you actually open and looked at it. Talk about nothing else to do... Wayne

maritimer

readijn the TM on these vehicles is extremely important from bot ha mechanical and safety aspect, these ar not typical vehicles and often times are operated differntly then normal civvy vehicles, not to mention as a result ofthere often heavy and tall design handle considerably differnt then a civviy truck.
as to the ghost riding well i am young in comparison to soem of you folks and do some crazy stuff with my truck but always either in a field or off road, and never will you see me lettign go of the control of my vehicle like that, that is not crazy but stupid, irresponsible and dangerous to both the operator and any bystanders.

Wild Horse Hans

Read the TM for sure. I drove deuces in the army 20 years ago and just got my own a few weeks ago. I downloaded all the manuals and spent a couple evenings reading them and printed out some pages to do a walk around of my deuce. You forget a lot in 20 years and reading up on things jarred the old memory.
These are not cars or toys. They are heavy tough trucks and need to be handled as such as well as have the proper PM checks and maintenance done or you can find yourself in a bad situation pretty darn quick.

DeuceNewb

Well what about the guy that asked if his cucv had power brakes! not going to rag on him?

and how do i get my reverse lights on.....it's so hard backing up at night without them!

that's a joke by the way

zb39

the TM's are important, if you don't know what a TM is , then ask. It's that simple, the ghost ride thing should have been deleted!!:twisted:

GoHot229

Ok, just found the Ghost Ride, great stuff........loosen up guys, get a laxative. It was in a military area, probably Iraq, Anything GI's do to make for light spirits without slaugter has got to be morale improving boost.............you really down on this?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks