• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

And now for something completely different...M123E2

hot rod deuce

RE: Re: And now for something completely different...M123E2

If you drive to up here I will let you pull a cheiftain on the trailer, just to make sure the winches work :) As long as I can take the truck for a drive that is!

Sweet ride, man that baby sure is in nice.

M1075

RE: Re: And now for something completely different...M123E2

Aren't the two winches also used when unloading an inoperable tank from a trailer? One to pull it off and one to hold it?

TacticalTruck

Re: RE: Re: And now for something completely different...M12

M1075 said:
Aren't the two winches also used when unloading an inoperable tank from a trailer? One to pull it off and one to hold it?
Yeesss, you are correct sir.

rockman

RE: Re: RE: Re: And now for something completely different..

Very nice truck, it seems that we think there are no moew but then a nice one get's saved.

thanks for the photos.

Bill

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
TacticalTruck said:
area52 said:
they only came with one of those winches originally right?
It's an original dual winch model. I'm just not sure if it's a M123E2 or a M123D because it does not have the correct data plate. Anyone know if they put a VIN on the frames of these? DD?
Jeff
Come on Jeff, give me a crack at it. There has got to be frame numbers most likely in the drivers side wheel well. See what you have and send it over to the VIN INFO thread.

Man that is one great looking AND powerful looking truck.

TacticalTruck

I can't find the VIN. Maybe Brandon could check his truck for the exact location of the numbers on the frame and I can sand on mine to find them.
Jeff

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, Jeff, question: saw a couple M123s with only one centerline winch on the rear, and yours has two. Did they come both ways, or did one model have one winch, another had two?

123mack

The serial number on my M123 is on the right frame rail forward of the front axle. It reads M123-1203. I contacted the Mack museum and they said it came off the line on 28 June 1956, and was delivered to the Philly Ord Depot. That is all I know about its history.It is a gasser and has the twin winches like yours. There is good info on the different models of this truck in David Doyles' book.

TacticalTruck

I'm begining to wondr what I rally have here. I still can't find a VIN, it dosen't say "Mack' in the places it should and the diamond plate on either side of the winches doesn't extend out as far as it should.
Jeff

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Well, I am coming to this party a little late.....

Very cool ride Jeff!

How about shooting me the registration number off the hood (or even better, off the inside of the hood?

Mack most definately built dual winch trucks in the 50s, and ten tons until at least 1970.

IIRC, Mack VINs typically have four digits, sometimes with a "M" prefix, and CONDEC vins have 8 I believe.

Regards,
David

wsucougarx

area52 said:
"So what are you gonna use that for?"

TacticalTruck - When ever California falls off the edge, I'm gonna pull it back to shore!!!
LOL, I think this questions gets asked of me everytime people see my deuce or know I have one. I simply just say, "Just to look at it" They just look at me dumbfounded and change the subject. :lol:

TacticalTruck

DDoyle said:
How about shooting me the registration number off the hood (or even better, off the inside of the hood?
IIRC, Mack VINs typically have four digits, sometimes with a "M" prefix, and CONDEC vins have 8 I believe.
It's about time you showd up! I'd gladly send you a VIN, if I could find one. The hood number looks made up, having the wrong format and I've scoured the truck for a reg # too, under the hood, in the glove box, inside the drivers door but the inside of the cab has been painted.
Jeff

Condec

I have an M123A1C also and be darned if I can find a serial # stamped on her. The unit # painted on the pass door and under the hood is 5E2489 but on the inside of the drivers door it has 05A87669 and I think the door had been changed before she was discharged. Any info I could get would be great Thank You

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks