• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

And so it begins

rikkitikkitavi

Ok so we put the 1009 up on the lift yesterday to look at the front hub issue (Pass side hub is partly locked all the time, causing the axle to turn continuously) the plastic portion you turn does not stop just goes round and round... nothing inside the hub seemed damaged but even after lubing up good still does not unlock.

What says the Hive? New hub or did I miss something?

THankS!
Rikki

rnd-motorsports

I like the mile maker premium hubs but there are many out there as cucvnut stated look for the better hubs will be happier , Also look for a full turn lockout the 1/4 turn will be harder to operate! full turn are mile maker premium part#104, warn premium part#20990 or super winch part# 400518 all sold at summit racing for under 95.00 also at many parts stores.

camogriz

Is the spring missing that pushes the pieces apart to unlock the hub? Have you tried taking apart the other side to see what is different? You don't need a lift to take the hub apart, it can be disassembled with the vehicle on the ground.

rikkitikkitavi

Took both hubs off today, the pass side is just worn out, wont stay in the compressed position. its the black outer cap or the big ring inside the black cap but either way I need a hub. If I get a new set of warn's do I have to swap out everything or just the cap and related spring etc?

Thx

rikkitikkitavi

Are the standard warns a drop in part? Or are the mil-spec hubs oddball? Thinking about just putting a new set of metal capped one on.

Thanks!

OL AG '89

I'm gonna be a "bubble" buster, but have you downloaded the TM's and looked at the pictures????
They are VERY clear!!! will answer all of your questions about the make-up of the locking hubs.
As far as just replacing the caps, kinda pointless, IMHO, the caps don't really do anything put allow you to select / lock the hub.
While you have the truck apart, replace the 25 year old parts one less thing to worry about.

Hubs are Hubs, based on axle. No such thing as Mil-Spec Hubs....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks