• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

And then all of the lights went out...

blacktop_one

Was driving my deuce around just after dark the other night, and pulled up to the red signal light at the intersection. Then all of the lights went out! Holy crap! Luckily I had my convoy light on (it's directly wired to the batteries) or someone might have hit me. Well, I decided to go ahead and try to get somewhere so that I could troubleshoot the problem, hopefully before getting pulled over by the police. Half a block later, everything came back on, so I guess the circuit breaker reset itself. Anybody know what the rating of the circuit breaker is? Obviously something's overloading it.

AceHigh

It may be an overload but the internal circuit breaker in the light switch can fatigue over time and start cycling,

I would try a new switch first because if you do anything external you will still have the internal breaker cycling unless you go in and wire around it.

cessnatwin

Just to check pull your switch out and remove the electrical plug on it, which is very simple, and take a look at all the pins on the switch and make sure none are burned or broken off, I have had that problem before and that was the cause!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks